Did anyone hear about Amy Joyner on the news?

Amy Inita Joyner-Francis, 16, died after getting into a fight with a girl over a boy as a gang of bullies jumped her and slammed her head against a bathroom sink at a school in Delaware.

Even though I didn't know Amy, I'm going to miss her. People said she was a quiet girl. RIP Amy 😥🙏💕

• Yes I did.
  • No I didn't.
  • Meh.. (See Results)

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard of it, but it seemed like she was fighting a girl, and then other girls jumped in and hit her head on the sink. It didn't seem to be a bullying thing, actually.
    It's a shame a fight over a boy lead to her death... but that's what happens when you fight. Your intentions may not be to kill, but something may go wrong and you may end up getting hit in the wrong place and die, like on this case.

The other girls should be charged with murder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I heard it, but that story doesn't seem to be what actually happening. It sounds like the story mostly reported but spun to an extreme. I don't think she was killed in a bullying attack. I did hear that she was nice girl, the type to break up fights, and she may have been quiet girl.

Most of the stories and witnesses seem to say, that she went into to the bathroom to reason with a girl that wanted to fight her over a boy. A fight broke out and a bunch of other girls jumped in against Amy. Amy hit her head on the restroom sink and that is what is believed to happen.

If they intentionally bashed her head into the sink that would be clear murder. However, I do think these girls should be charged with murder for her death, whether accidental or intentional. For these group of other girls to suddenly appear in jump in that was a plot to harm. I can only imagine from what I heard of her personality that Amy probably did not even want to fight. Hopefully justice will be served. May she rest in peace.

What Guys Said 5

• never heard of her or the story

• 1. Who tf were they fighting over?
    2. That's fucking brutal murder

• They were fighting over a boy.

• Plus I am not a confrontational person. If a person bumps into me, I will be the first to apologize.

• @Ginnyweasley97 Well alrighty, then! I'm pretty sure this girl wasn't in a fight, either, just a VERY unfortunate accident where murder occurred

• obviously these hoes never heard of chicks before dicks...

• Yes and I do care unlike the racist coward that answered that he does not care. And how is murdering someone with a group of girls not bullying? Fuckin morons.

• Yeah and don't care

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah and it's fuckig sad! It was out of jealous, some little boy. Supposedly every girl who touched her and recorded whatever it was is being charged in her death. Lmao they deserve it, cause female prison... Is 900x's worse than male prison. R. I. P 😇

• Yes I heard about this. It made me even more sad that they were fighting over a boy. I don't remember who I had a crush on when I was 16 because when I graduated there wasn't a lot of people from my high school I wanted to keep in touch with. It's really sad that they were fighting over a boy when most girls wonder what they saw in the guy they had a crush on when they were 16. Too late for them to realize five years after graduation, they wouldn't have cared about the boy they had a crush when they were 16.

• I did. When I heard about it, they said, she and another girl were fighting, then a group of other girls jumped in to beat her up. She died when her head hit a sink. However, I've heard that she was knocked unconscious when the other girls jumped in, and then someone hit her head on the sink. Either way, I think ALL of them should be charged with murder. And the people that videotaped it, I've heard that too, should also be charged as they stood by and aided in a murder.

• Omfg that's so terrible. All of this over a boy? Ugh teenagers need to stop creating drama before someone gets killed over it... oh wait, I guess someone has. Society is messed up. RIP Amy

• Yes I heard it. Happened the same day Prince died. It happened in Delaware which is not far from me so it was on the news. Very sad to hear. Senseless. Unnecessary. A life lost for nothing. And the girls involved have pretty much messed their lives up as well. Sad state of events.

• I did. And whoever slammed her head against the sink or assaulted her during that fight needs to serve time for manslaughter.

• No, didn't know until I saw this question. HOLY SHIT THAT'S HORRIBLE! I hope those bullies go to jail and are treated like shit there.

• If she really was quiet than I sympathize with that as a quiet girl myself. I didn't hear about this news but It does make me a bit mad :/. I have a feeling those girls won't be in jail long since they are minors. This is really stupid in general and to lose your life over. Highschool relationships don't even last long. I've never heard about a girl thinking of KILLING another girl just because she liked the same guy.

• This broke my heart 😢💔 RIP Amy 🙏🏻 #stopbullying

• People die all the time. It's sad, just not anything new.

• I did... but in a different story. They said that she killed herself...

• Oh my god this is really sad and heartbreaking :'(
    RIP AMY <3

• I don't even know her so