Do you think kind people get taken advantage of?

If so, how?

Can you give specific examples of what you have seen?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    I'm one of them.
    Most of my life I took care of others served my family, cooked, cleaned, and made sure everyone was fine.
    Went to school and helped my friends with homework, assignments, problems, gave them company.
    Overtime people begin to realize that you are a kind person who doesn't say no and then begin to take advantage of that.
    My friend would make me give her rides everywhere, help her deal with her sociopathic boyfriend.
    Another i would help with projects.
    The thing is kind people need to learn to put their foot down so that other people won't take advantage of them. Problem is we have such good hearts and we are very forgiving and open our hearts to everyone.
    We need to put up walls until the coast is clear.

• I'm the same way except I've learned to say no. My well being is just as important as everyone else's and sometimes people ask for too much. If j help too much (which I don't anymore) then it kind of hinders them from moving forward. Just a thought :)

• @stardust101 yeah I've been learning that too... but sometimes I slip and end up putting others before myself.

• That's fine. I do too sometimes, but only if it doesn't take away from what I need

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I'm kind but seriously I've never been taken advantage of. People who I help gives me something back in return generally. Some worth more than, I don't ask in return okie. It's all voluntary. Maybe because they're also kind lol.

I imagine kind people can get advantage of.. The too kind perhaps. All it takes is an opportunistic person who use intimidation to prey on them or if they meet scumbg steve el oh el
    animalnewyork.com/.../scumbagstevehat1.jpg

What Girls Said 8

• No. I think naive people get taken advantage of. Lots of people are kind who understand full well that not everyone else is, and know well enough to look for red flags in others.

• yes they do.

• Certain people will always mistake kindness for weakness then confuse it with constant expectation.

• All the time in countless ways.

• No. Weak people get taken advantage of. Not kind people

• you don't have a fucking right calling us weak cause we're a lot more stronger than you think we are

• What the fuck are you talking about? Go take your anger out on the person that's taking advantage of you...

• Ow yeah

• Ask me about it I been used and abused and people always say I'm next new mother Theresa.

• Definitely! But you can be nice and stand up for yourself.

What Guys Said 12

• People want to take advantage of kind people, but it's up to them whether they get taken advantage or not.
    I consider myself kind and I've been taken advantage of in the past, but now I'm done with that, and though I do remain being kind, I'm not letting anyone take advantage of me anymore.

• Kind people? No, not necessarily. There are kind, strong people. Gaius Julius Caesar was known to be a very kind man, yet hardly anyone would dream of taking advantage of him.

The real problem is passivity. It's a virtue to be kind, yet assertive; the same cannot be said of passivity.

• Kind people are almost always the target of people aiming to take advantage of them, because a person who is a blatant dismissive selfish asshole is seen as way lower odds of fucking over.

• oh yeah, I know because I'll ask em to do random shit for me all the time and never give anything back.

• yes, basic example would be the kid that gives pencils for classmates to borrow, Then the classmate never returns it.

How fucking hard is it to return a pencil after 1 hour of class. Just shady kids smh

• Yeah all the time, people ask to borrow money, get rides, get you to help them move and don't buy you lunch or say thank you. People will use kind people till they heart turns to stone

• Yep.

Did college exam work for some of my buddies they got 94% on it (I was not at college at a time, just working my ass off at a dead end job)

Got into motorcycle accident not a single SOB gave a fuck.

Moral? Fuck humanity up the asshole.

• Make yourself useful and you shall be used :)

• humans are manipulative creatures.

• Kind =/= doormat

• All the time. Especially the inexperienced people wither it is romantically, emotional tamp on, financially, or they are manipulated by a person by the advice they are given.

• Yes. They get cheated on, they get short changed in payroll, they get beat up, they get mistreated emotionally and much much more.