Whats your job and what are the pros and cons of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Financial advisor I love the work but it can be stressful.
    Pros; interacting with clients, working with Some very intelligent people. Always a challenge. Rewarding. No "glass ceiling".
    cons; stressful, pressure from many directions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Management consultant
    Pros: Associate with business execs, learn from and network with people 2x-3x my age, many opportunities to interview and present and finetune interpersonal skills, analyze tons of data and work to resolve complex, real-world business issues, exposure to a vast array of business models and industries, and tbh, the paycheck.
    Cons: Often times boring af lol, unexpected travel, getting yelled at frequently by clients, sky high expectations by clients, challenging at times to earn trust and rapport of execs when you're as old as their kids, difficult to explain what my job to your friends/dates.

• Fun question OP, we talk so much about dating preferences, etc. we don't talk enough about real shit like careers, career development, professional skills, etc.

What Girls Said 7

• I dn't have one.

• I start a new job tomorrow so I don't really have any pros or cons to give you.

My current job? retail.

Pros: yoga pants, sweatshirts, working with friends
    Cons: management, general public

• i'm a primary school teacher
    pros: meaningful, fun, not stressful, inspiring, get vacation on school breaks
    cons: bad pay (no big deal to me), dealing with difficult kids, lack of funding

• I'm a cashier.
    Pros: Learning how to deal with people, solving problems, knowing people leave satisfied, seeing regular customers, and earning money

Cons: dealing with people, not good at mental math, so I mess up or slow down sometimes I question why I'm a cashier, standing in one place for hours, customers getting mad at me for shit I have no control over, customer's trying to jip me, me telling customer's I can't do something, while later I realize I could have.

• I used to be an intern in the police, but not anymore, I'm a police officer.
    No need to say cons and pros, almost everybody knows them.

• Can't tell what I do, but the pros are amazing, and the cons, well... death is always near.

• Programmer. It's boring at times but I make a lot

What Guys Said 13

• I'm a university student. I love the fact that I have a lot of free time, especially during the summer. However, I hate the fact that this free time is distributed very unequally. During the summer I have two months where I can literally do whatever I want (travel, hang out at home etc.) but during the semester, especially towards the end of semesters, it can get extremely stressful. I also hate the terrible work-life balance. Friends of mine who have a job work hard during the day but when they get home, they know they're done. They can just turn on the TV, empty their heads and enjoy the free time. I on the other struggle a lot to enjoy my free time because I always know in the back of my head that there's this paper I have to write or another project to plan. This means I can never really "turn off" and truly relax, so sometimes I feel like I'm gonna have a burn out.

• I'm currently working in an architectural bureau. The pro is that I'm no longer a broke student with no means of income. The con is that I have to get up early and have less free time (duh).

• Valet
    Pros
    Driving skills increase by so much, i drive so many interesting cars and trucks all day, on weekends i go home with at least 160$ worth of tips, uesterday alone i made 151$. Free parking so whenever i wanna go somewhere in the city i just go there to park lol

Cons
    In the summer its slow so you don't make much off tips and it gets hot there, if you fuck up a car you pay and honestly you feel so guilty (or maybe its just me, the guilt eats me alive)

• I would be so scared to scratch a nice car man! haha, and I've seen those valet lots... they cram those cars in there, it's really amazing. I don't think I have the parking skills for that lol.

• I remember on my summer internship at the firm I later started with after Uni. I went to this fancy dinner party at a partner's home, everyone dressed up. And since I was a student, us interns showed up in our ghetto ass clunkers hahahaha. Can you imagine, suits, dinner party, huge mansion, and I show up in my '91 toyota camry with 250k miles on it, barely even works haha. So funny, those valet guys were probably like damn i don't want this car, I want the Porshe lmaooo

• @ConsultantIsBack lmfaooo yea stuff like that happens a lot. There's usually some event for rich people here and they shoe up in audis, bmws, lexus's, etc and then we have some random 45 year old guy going through a midlife crisis showing up in his 90 manual transmission accord with a flat tire ahaha

• School
    Pros-Great business classes like Accounting, Finance, Marketing, etc. On my way to get my bachelors.
    Cons-Stressful at times, but worth it

The YMCA
    Pros-Only one day a week so I can focus on school work. A good boss.
    Cons-Only making 10 dollars a hour and far from my dream job

• my part time job so far is in retail

Pros:
    flexible
    definite job security
    have some cool work mates

cons:
    customers are morons
    managers are morons
    area managers are morons
    customers are morons again
    wage is shit
    stress was anoying when i was not on "fuck it all"
    its very repetitive

• I've had many jobs.

i m starting buisnesses that are somewhat home based so i can work from my computer half the time and half the time i m out there meeting clients and doing project management.

my goal is to sustain and consistent 6 figure income, give allowance to my parents and give back, travel...

a girl isn't in my plans to be honest, they are a liability... but i m open to love... but she better be equal to me cause i won't giver her the power to take half.

• Software Developer
    Pros:
    -Learning
    -Never boring unless you've mastered the apps you're handling.
    -Able to work at home at will (not my preference though)

Cons:
    -QA.
    -Deadlines

• Student

no money but you can be lazy af

• University professor (of history).

• Do i need to explain my job here?

• Porn star

Pros: getting paid to fuck hot chicks.
    Cons: none.

• I'm a truck driver. It pays well but can be highly stressful sometimes.

• I bet, its like people dont see you trying to merge onto the right lane or you having to open up wide to make a turn and they try to abuse the space thats open in the progress. I always let the truck merge cuz im not an asshole

• Sales Renewal Rep - never boring to be honest but management is clearly not at the level I'd expect. You always have things to do and it is challenging.
    a big customer received tons of invoices at once and he asked me what's with those. I told him I'll explain all by Friday.
    Bc I also had something else to do, I only started to look through them on Friday morning. I worked over-time (from home) until midnight and sent him the email with "told you I'm gonna send the invoices, so let's start...".
    I like to keep promises and build trust with my customers
    you get to talk with people from around the world and that's also a plus for me.
    downsides... management simply does not know how to react to some business matters/aspects and put a lot of pressure on US to get them the money when we simply cannot (legal matters, unsolved requests from customers). how do you want to get them to sign when customers are treated like a bag of money and nothing else?