Girls, Girls who wear pads for the monthly?

How do you stop from rubbing raw? It hurts..

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Ouch, that has happened to me a few times. If you rub raw it means that you need to:
    - switch your pad more often (1 day should be your max for one pad)
    - wear the right size pad (bigger/longer pads will rub against your skin)
    - use Vaseline on rubbed skin to prevent it from getting worse (this is a life saver, trust me)
    - wear a better and softer brand (I use Always Maxi Pads)

• I do all of that but the vaseline and I use kotex. Thank you big help.

What Girls Said 26

• I stop it by avoiding wearing pads for the bulk of the time I'm menstruating. Sorry, but if our choose to wear pads the whole time there really isn't any getting around the chafing.

• That happens to me too! That's why I just use a menstrual cup now. No leaking, no problems. I hated like how it'd get "chapped" down there.

• Hmm. Not sure why you would be raw. Do you wear a pad the entire time? If you can"t do tampons, I would definitely recommend getting a different brand. Try Always. They have a variety of different styles, shapes, and forms. If you're not heavy and it's nearing the end of your cycle, switch to panty liners.

• I can't use tampons. Never used panty liners. I will give them a try along with the always brand thank you.

• What do u mean? Like moving? I get the ones with wings so it stays in place. Ill also wear a comfortable cut of underwear.

• Yes the pad is always moving on me and its right against me.

• yeah as i said, get wings and a proper cut of undies that the pad can actually rest on. also, the point is for it to be resting against u... u dont want some kinda leakage if it's not.

• What brand do you use? I never had gotten that irritated, occasionally if I have just shaven and wear a pad on the bands around my legs it will rub a bit, but after the first time I just avoid shaving around my period. Try using shea butter on the skin, I use it after I shave, nice and moisturizing plus protective.

• What is rubbing raw?
    I always and only use pads... never had a problem with them...

• Chapped down there

• DAmnnn from pads? Really?
      Maybe you should change that brand that you use, because I have never heard of that nor gotten it and i only use pads.
      Have you gotten that outside of your period? If yes, you should then check a doctor... it probably is something else, maybe an infection and can be treated. You should be careful with those stuff. Good luck!

• Only at the end of my cycle I get chapped. I plan on changing brands now thank you

• buy organic cotton pads. not cheap, full of chemical ones. they must be irritating your skin if it's making you raw.

• I didn't know they made organic. Thank you great idea!

• yup. that's all I use. their slightly more expensive but as far as I'm concerned it's worth it. only the best for my special little area. haha

• i've always used pads when i have my period and never had this issue

• I do. It's not supposed to hurt though:/

• Rubbing raw? What are you doing? Wedging them in your labia? My pads are fine.

• Im chapped by the end of my cycle. No lol. I wear booty shorts panties.

• Thank you.

• No probs

• um something is too loose for you if your pad is rubbing against you lol always get the ones with wings; my mum always says to. I've never even used ones without wings so i wouldn't know if theyre better, but id assume they are sicne thats all we use

• Um.. get a better brand? I haven't used pads since I was in high school, but I've never had them rub raw... Always was the brand I used and Kotex, both with wings.

• I have kotex but by the end of my cycle I am chapped.

• Yeah. Kotex works, but it's also the cheapest brand. Always isn't overly expensive, but they are thinner and work well. Is there a reason you don't use tampons?

• For some reason I can't keep the tampons in. My body tries to push it out. I will try always thank you

• I don't get that problem. What exactly is rubbing?

• I use pads and have never had that issue. I'm not sure how to help you.

• I do.
    It shouldn't hurt you though.

• thats not normal. Pads aren't supposed to feel like that unless you're leaving them in for like 24 hours.

• I'm always changing it.

• Tampon?

• I do. I never wore tampons, always pads.

• I think Baby Powder works

• I will give it a shot thank you

• Get a tampon that's how

• I wax before it comes and I used organic cotton pads and I rub coconut oil.

• I think ill try the organic and coconut oil I didn't know you could use it beloe but I will try anything at this point.

• I do wear them I always have, I have never worn a tampon in my life.

• I'm just passing thru!

• 1) Try a different brand.
    2) Try a different design. Get the ones with "wings" so they stay in place.
    3) Replace them often! If you don't, they'll fall apart and start to cause an irritation/rash. DO replace them!
    4) It helps to wear loose clothing. Don't let it press against you too much. For example, I have a set of underwear specifically for periods. They're horrible and ugly so I don't care if blood gets on them, and they're huge so they don't ride my ass.

• If its okay what panty cut do you use for the monthly time?

• I don't know.

• I don't know it just doesn't rub raw for me

• What pads are you wearing and what are you doing with them? It's doesn't run raw at all. I don't even know what that means. Are you changing it often enough?

• I have kotex. I change at least once an hour. I usually wear my booty shorts panties. When I say rubbing raw I mean its chapped and I go on about my normal day except at the end of my cycle I am chapped.

• The only thing I can think of is that you're either allergic to that brand or you're just really sensitive and can't have anything against your vagina. Try changing brands and see if that helps.

• Any suggestions? That's a great possiblity!