Who else wants a laptop with a built-in printer?

• I do!
  • I don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• For paper hard copies? I doubt that's ever going to be mass produced since it would be very bulky and make the laptop more expensive, with paper trays added to load papers. And that would defeat the whole purpose of laptops since they are generally meant for portability. Maybe for something like a Desktop Replacement Laptop, but I very much doubt that will happen.

You can always use "Print to PDF" which allows you to save an electronic copy of a document or page you had created for printing later:

http://www.wikihow.com/Print-to-PDF

I think the advantage to this is that it can provide Write Protection so it would not be possible to accidentally erase or modify the contents of the saved PDF file.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be really handy!

What Guys Said 17

• That would be awesome.
    I'd love to see it integrated.
    Paper jams are gonna be worse though since it's smaller and harder to see where it's stuck.

• what on earth? do you know how bulky that would be... i definitely DONT want that. Wireless printing for the win.

• That's a portable typewriter

archv.sfmoma.org/.../2004.181.A-B_01_e03.jpg

• I see no way to make that portable. Look at those monstrosities from the 1980s. They would be what new laptops looked like again!

• I don't want it in the sense that I would personally go buy it, but it sounds like a cool idea. (It also sounds impractical and like it would have its own set of problems.)

• Lol no. Paperless in my household. I rarely print things at work

• It's been ages since I printed stuff... it's all digital now. Don't waste paper

• I'm good, I'm not carrying around 200 pages of printing paper. It would be great if it was 3d printer though.

• lol i had a super old one that had a printer you could dock to it´s back. quite spectacular ^^

• I almost never print on paper. Print to PDF unless something absolutely must be mailed or signed.

• Printing to PDF's are horrendous! The special file formating changes everything; it cannot be read with basic software. They are laggy to open, and sometimes hard to read or configure with the reader.

• @Psi_Unknown My computer doesn't suck, so I don't have those issues with PDFs.

• Good for you I guess, but it is worth noting that all older technology "sucks" once it is surpassed. Sooner or later, only one is not left behind.

• Bulky, and more to go wrong

• Never make me user paper in my life again please

• Who uses printers anymore?

• No way man

• why not just buy a printer

• i haven't printed anything in ages

• what's the point? paper is obsolete.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't, it would be awfully heavy and I don't print things enough!

• Meeeee

• I wouldn't, because it might make the laptop heavier. I'm not someone that has an "office" or a table to set my laptop on, so I keep it on my lap all the time. I'd be worried about it being too heavy to balance on my legs. Besides, I don't use a printer - only when I have to. It'd be pointless to me.
    I just wish for a laptop that doesn't have a broken fan, and that has more memory. That's a perfect laptop right there.

• Wireless printer ftw.

• It would be much too bulky to be practical. Honestly, I barely print anything nowadays anyway.
    It's best to just have a wireless printer sitting near my desk.