What was one life changing moment for you?

Normally I like to thumbs up responses, but for some of these I feel like giving it a thumbs up is not exactly what you do when someone's like my dog died, but thanks for the responses. A lot of real profound life changing moments for sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• First real broken heart. Nothing else really compares.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend turned to drugs. I realized not everyone you hold dear will stand beside you forever. Every hug and I love you is important.

What Guys Said 13

• My marriage to my present wife

• There's several for me, yet to name a few.
    Surviving war, surviving cancer and parents divorce

• The day i saw my baby girls eyes. I was filled with joy :) <3

• In 2002, I started to work out. I still work out to this day.

• The horrible car accident I was in almost a year ago. My teenage brother and I, seriously could have died 11.5 months ago!

After that incident, I definitely appreciate the small things in life a lot more.

• this brings up so many bad memories for me. My brother was rear ended by an 18 wheeler which crushed his car, and on the way to school with my dad, I remember telling him that the car in the accident looked like my brothers as we passed it by and a few hours later I was getting a phone call that it was him. Luckily b/c of the slower speed he wasn't killed and just ended up with a ton of stitches to his skull, but really and truly cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. You clearly understand that I'm sure.

• Oh trust me I absolutely FULLY understand this! This is why I am going to make that day a holiday between me and him, gotta get his present! :-D

• One early morning in boot camp I was sick and sitting out of a formation for breakfast. Even though I was told it was alright by a visting lower level NCO, I got my head handed to my by a Drill Sergeant. He wasn't even part of my Training Battalion. Now, when life is really hard on me, I suck it up. Boot Camp was good for me in many ways.

• probably the night i had to walk almost 20 miles in the rain with a hangover after spending the night in jail now its just a funny story to tell lol!

• i had many.

i experienced shit people aren't exposed to.

finishing school

going to prison

seeing people die/get killed

seeing surprises of how people can be so different from how you thought of them

traveling makes me think a lot

seeing money and how people change

i reflect and thers so much

• I didn't jump.

• both my parents dying before my 17th bday

• Getting tinnitus.

• when i found out that im a dyslexic. and i v'e been thorugh schizophrenia, bipolar, and O. C. D.

• When I got sent to the hospital and locked in the psychiatry ward for 2 weeks!

What Girls Said 8

• My baby nephew dying , and my father passing away

• Getting my first job

• Finishing college
    My favorite aunt passing out of terminal cáncer
    My parents' nasty arguments through my early years and so on
    All of the sudden thinking of wanting kids, etc..

• 0|0
  • My entire childhood

• A near death auto accident.

• Graduated college, my first job, got married, had kids, divorced. Damn my life is still going on and I'm still growing up 🙆🏻🙋🏻

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more