Is evolution false?

if you claim evolution is true, then i would lieit if you supported your claim with evidance

• evolution is fale
  • evolution is true
here's the right answer, evolution is a lie. it is completely false. the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is truth. God made us all and made it so that the animals would make after there own kind. there was never a dog that evolved into a cat (or vice versa) man brought sin into the world when adam and eve "ate" the forbidden "fruit" from the tree of good and evil. but God's love for us didn't want us to be doomed to the sinner's punishment (hell), made for satan and his angels. so Jesus Christ...
came down to earth and lived among us sinners and taught us righteous things and preformed miracles so that we may see that he is the Son of God. but the best work he did for us was dying on the cross so that we may live with God and be sinless. but with that, satan hates us all cuz we are made in the image of God and we have the chance to be saved where as he and his angels are doomed to the lake of fire. satan wants to bring as much of us down with him as possible but with the gospel of Jesus.

Most Helpful Girl

• After graduating from medical school I got to the conclussion that macroevolution is bullshit, and that microevolution is possible.

• bravo, bravo (serious) that is the answer I was looking for. animals don't change into completely different animals. but even so I don't like evolution still. I prefer the term, variation

What Girls Said 11

• Artificial evolution can easily be proven through dog breeding. The difference between nature and modern dog breeding is that in nature, the more convenient features that helped the animal survive gets passed on to the offspring. In dog breeding, humans pick traits they want to keep and gets rid of those dogs that don't have that specific trait they are looking for.
    www.lhasa-apso.org/.../coatcolr.gif
    Although the process is fairly artificial, it works because of the evolution theory.

Another example is human skin. The reason Europeans, especially the ones in the north are so white is because it is easier for the skin to take in D vitamin from the sun that way, and also they don't need as much sun protection as someone who lives in a hot desert might with long hours of scorching sunshine, so thats basically why their skin has evolved into a lighter colour. A dark person living in Sweden for instance often suffers from vitamin D deficiency because their darker skin doesn't take in Vitamin D from the sun as well as light skin does, and Sweden is an incredibly dark country most of the year. Their skin hasn't evolved in a way that it would easily take on vitamin D because they get so much of it in the country that they are originally from.

• The burden of proof is on the person who rejects mainstream science.

• I'm sorry but you are so wrong with this comment, I think evolution is real but the burden of proof is on those making the claim evolution wasn't considered scientific fact until lots of evidence was put forward, just because it's mainstream science isn't a reason.

• it is clearly written in genesis that animals will make there own kind. a wolf may be the ancestor if a dog today, but they're still the same kind. different species but same basic animal

• I had way more to say but i'm not surprised of the results. it is written that many will be deceived and many will fall away. it's your choice cuz God gave you free will (likewise we all) but know this, when the judgment day is upon us, you'll have no one to blame but yourself

• Lol just cause you're Christian doesn't mean it's the "right answer".
    I'm Wiccan an I believe in evolution, and reincarnation.

• its true?

• Im a christian. I believe God created everything but I also strongly believe God created things to evolve. I notice a lot of Gods creation evolving over centuries and centuries. I have no doubt he made them, but things do evolve.

• do you believe animals change into other animals?

• While I do agree its false, even evolution never claimed a cat turned into a dog, they claim a cell turned into a more complicated cell, then on and on and on.

• Microevolution is real.
    Macroevolution, not.

• I believe that God created us but I also do believe that we do evolve over time.

What Guys Said 26

• It's true:
    evolutionfaq.com/articles/five-proofs-evolution

When I first heard about it, I was skeptical, but after seeing evidence for it, there is no real other explanation.

The general points of the link:
    1. The universal genetic code. All cells on Earth are capable of reading any piece of DNA from any life form on Earth. This points to a common ancestor.

2. The fossil record. Fossil records show a transition from one form to another.

3. Genetic commonalities. Humans share around 96% of genes with chimpanzees, 90% with cats, and such.

4. Common traits in embryos. Humans and many other species are all considered "chordates" because we belong to the phylum Chordata. One of the features of this phylum is that, as embryos, all these life forms have gill slits, tails, and specific anatomical structures involving the spine. The similarities would only be possible with a common ancestor.

5. Bacterial resistance to antibiotics. Bacteria colonies can only build up a resistance to antibiotics through evolution. It is important to note that in every colony of bacteria, there are a tiny few individuals which are naturally resistant to certain antibiotics.
    ------
    You can still be religious and go with evolution though. It could be just that your interpretation of the Bible is wrong. Perhaps "Adam and Eve" don't look how you think they looked in your scripture. Perhaps humans came much later than you think they did. Perhaps God came to beings that were considered "human" only after thousands of years of evolution already went by.

Frame it however you like. However, there is overwhelmingly strong evidence for evolution. Heck, I ended up going to a Lutheran high school and they taught evolution as the right process.
    There really is no way to deny it without turning a blind eye to much evidence presented before you.

• Evolution is true because it has to be true. The basis of evolution is in DNA which is the blueprint material for governing how an organism develops and functions. Because DNA is matter, it is subject to the laws of physics. What this means is that the component atoms in DNA molecules may be affected by various factors (*) and this causes the DNA molecules to change. This means that the blueprint for the organism also changes. Is DNA is passed on to offspring and over many generations the blueprint gradually changes. Those changes which are beneficial will be the ones that really get passed on over many generations but the ones that are not beneficial do not get passed on in the long run and that is why Evolution happens.

(*) These are called mutanogenic factors. For instance, radiation or anything that causes cancer.

• There is no need to pretend that evolution is not real. Beyond the obviousness of evolution, and the multiple independent ways in which evolution can be demonstrated to be true, there is no reason God could not have created evolution.

As a matter of fact, consider this. Who is the better pool player? One who must hit one ball at a time using the cue ball, or one who can sink multiple balls with one shot, using one ball to hit another, and bouncing them off the bank etc. Obviously, the player who can do the complex shots is better. Since God is INFINITELY better, think of evolution as His "bankshot" using multiple balls simultaneously.

• Pretty sure there were dinosaurs. They must all be roasting in hell because how could the be intelligent enough to pray? Wait, wait, wait... Talking snake who warned about the Apple, but no snake we know of can communicate with humans, they would bite, poison or strangle you, then eat you.

Oh and women can't be preists or or any other kind of religious leaders, unless they are nuns, or men... I wonder why? Because religion was made by Man.. What have men being doing since the dawn of time, keeping women down.

There is complete proof of evolution, they keep finding more and more skeletal remains of humanoid life. When, I get back on my computer I will send a link to a documentary I watched about 3 weeks ago.

• I believe it is not true. There is some micro evolution that happens but macro evolution hasn't been proven. I could believe it to a point but having a living creature spontaneously create itself or spontaneously come into existence by some chemicals that just happened to be mixed together just can't happen. I think there is a creator that created life and some evolution happened after that and some of it by human interference. That makes the most sense out of every other idea of life. I am a Christian too.

• It's true... of course it is.

• The Peppered Moth, 1800s Manchester, England. Some were white, some were black, by mutation. Manchester industrialized. The trees turned a darker shade and the black moths were better camouflaged. The white moths were easier to spot in the trees and were preyed upon by the birds. Within 30 years, there were almost no white moths around Manchester. The black moths were better suited to the environment, and thrived. This is natural selection. Survival of the fittest - a mutation either works or it doesn't.

Why is it beyond the realm of possibility that God built evolution into his creation? If God made it so that animals can only "make after there [sic] own kind" then please explain the mule, the zebroid, and the liger.

• since when have we seen anything evolve? I don't think the science supports the theory. its a theory. thats not to say there aren't changes.

• Do you plan to live to 500 years old? Also like the poster Rainie said it can be proven on a smaller time scale with dog breeding. By the way evolving means to change :P

• @sluggognatface I've seen some very studied intelligent people say there is no evidence and huge gaps. I havent' studied it honestly, I don't spend time thinking about it. things may evolve within their type... but when as a dog become something else like a cat. A wolf and dog are close, so they changed. But a wolf hasn't become a bear has it... ever? To me neither creation or evolution makes sense.
      why do you ask plan to live to 500? We have a life fuse and the fuse gives out after a while...

• Who is saying dogs become cats? To see most of anything evolving you would need to live for a ridiculously long time. No time to see it.

• Evolution is basically adaptation. If an animal in a species is fast, and an animal in the same species is slow, the fast one will be able to out-run a predator, while the slow one will be eaten. That means that the faster one has a higher chance of surviving, and passing it's genes down. And the slow ones have a higher likelihood of dying out. Evolution would be how/how well species can adapt to their environment, and how the adaptations change the traits of a species overtime, to the point it basically becomes a different species.

• you're the one who wanted to talk to me privately, right? if so, you're ganna have to follow me cuz I tried messaging you but it says that you allow only follows to message you (as in people you follow. (I followed you then tried messaging you but couldn't)

• We have observed bacteria evolving to digest nylon with an actual increase of genetic information, this is 1 of hundreds evidences we have

• evolution=gaining information but in reality nothing gains information. the information is already present inside them. plus where would the new info come from? just like asking where did matter come from. you say from the big bang but where did the big bang come from?

• I know it means changing from one thing to another to improve but there are many animals out there that defy evolution. that is a start for evidence against evolution

• yeah, like the crocoduck... so glad we have not this hovindesque retards in Italy

• "No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right;
    a single experiment can prove me wrong."
    Albert Einstein

There's no law of evolution. Only there. It's an explanation that might be true. And there hasn't been recent evidence to disprove that explanation. So don't take it too seriously. If someone chooses to believe that explanation, then so be it. Who knows what the modern theory will be in 100 years.

• K gonna refute the stuff in your updates.

"here's the right answer, evolution is a lie. it is completely false."

You can't know the right answer.

"the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is truth."

Don't know what that is

"God made us all and made it so that the animals would make after there own kind."

no

"there was never a dog that evolved into a cat (or vice versa)"

You're right, but a miacid evolved into a dog and a miacid evolved into a cat.

"man brought sin into the world when adam and eve "ate" the forbidden "fruit" from the tree of good and evil."

Define sin.

"but God's love for us didn't want us to be doomed to the sinner's punishment (hell), made for satan and his angels."

Then why'd he supposedly put the forbidden fruit so close to Adam and Eve?

"so Jesus Christ came down to earth"

He didn't come down to Earth, he was born on Earth.

"and lived among us sinners"

Again define sin.

"and taught us righteous things"

Like?

"and preformed miracles so that we may see that he is the Son of God."

So that we may see? I didn't see any miracles. Why can't I see any miracles?

"but the best work he did for us was dying on the cross so that we may live with God and be sinless."

I don't live with god. And I thought that "everyone sins" so you can everyone be sinless?

"but with that, satan hates us all cuz we are made in the image of God and we have the chance to be saved where as he and his angels are doomed to the lake of fire. satan wants to bring as much of us down with him as possible but with the gospel of Jesus."

How do you know?

• i personally believe that living things can physically adapt over time, and slightly change (evolve), but i don't believe in common ancestry. I don't believe we were once monkeys. I don't believe dogs and squids are second cousins. I don't believe every species on earth came from a fuckin amoeba.

I believe that every species we have today has always been around (although slightly modified), and i believe they were all created by a god, as i am a creationist, and theist.

• There has been plenty of scientific evidence to show that evolution of species has occurred. Can you show any solid proof of the existence of the Biblical God? "The Bible says so" is not proof. If it was, we could make equally justifiable arguments that the Roman, Greek, or Norse gods were the true gods.

For the record, I'm not an atheist. I believe in the possibility of intelligent design. I do NOT believe in "religion."

• Evolution is just an explanation of how species have developed over long periods of time. It's an adequate theory for the time being. Though I do feel there's a lot yet to be explained.

• dude why do i need to show you evidence. just look up on wikipedia... this shit is trivial.

• poop is just poop. how can it be trivial?

• do i need to prove that we poop to? or will you believe that?

• you see i would understand if it was some very complicated concept that was hard to prove but it is a very well proven theory with a shit ton of empiric evidence. not just from the past but even with species that we know. we witness it even in humans.

• Doubting evolution in this day and age is really incredible to me. The scientific community has accepted the theory of evolution for a long time, so why go against science?
    And before you start talking about "it's just a theory" you should look up what a scientific theory is exactly.

• I'm trying to decipher your question, but I don't have language nerd skills like Cipher, the gayest X-Man.

• Some of it is false some true by some devine action or we were teraformed millions of years ago by alien race.

• current generation of youth is example that evolution is false

we are not evolving, we are devolving, even dumber than apes

• Why does every animal have sex? There's your answer.

• because God told them to be fruitful and multiply. to inhabit the earth

• No, because they reproduce and spread their genes onto the next generation. Not because god said anything.

• I took this seriously until I saw the religious rant

• Little bit true.

• Evolution is most certainly true. You may not see it but we are all evolving as creatures and a society albeit slow. Evolution can be proven with many creatures too even on a small time scale. Religion is archaic, ridiculous and unproven. Just because masses of people believe something does not make it true. Science will prevail eventually and religion will thankfully die.

• OP, you need to stop drinking gasoline

media2.giphy.com/media/PRlEtYvEhRti8/giphy.gif

• and that's why people believe in evolution

• *facepalm*