Do you think you have to be in a relationship to be happy in life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Happiness comes from within. Nobody else can give that to you. People can boost your happiness but true self worth comes from yourself. You need that before even seeking out a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. Honestly I think having a relationship is a hassle, you not only have to look out for yourself but someone else. Not to mention that it's not only just you but someone else you have to consider in your life.
    I know a lot of people in my life who are so reliant on having a significant other that it really upsets them onto the verge of tears and that once they meet someone their already head-over-heels for them out of desperation. I wouldn't want to be like that, never. I'd like to find the value in what I already have now than what I don't have. Got amazing friends and family; got an education, stable income. Having a relationship is just a bonus :)

What Guys Said 22

• Well, that really depends on person. Everyone is different in some way. Some people really enjoy the company of others and can find the happiness they're looking for in a relationship. Some people prefer to keep to themselves and find that not being in a relationship makes them happy. They probably think that dealing with the issues that arise in a relationship is unnecessary and will only cause stress. Some people think that dealing with those issues will strengthen the relationship with their partner. It could be many reasons, which is what I'm trying to say. Everyone is different and that's something that we should try to understand.

• I think you can be temporarily happy when you're single. However really long periods of time without romantic intimacy is probably detrimental.

• Many people believe that as in thinking, oh I'll be happy when I find my better half, however in order for a relationship to work and function well one should be happy before getting into one, then share that with the other happy person they choose to get into a relationship with.

• No, you don't "HAVE TO" have a relationship in order to be happy, I mean there is no such rule or compulsion here. You can define your own happiness and follow that.

You can very well be happy, content being single. even if it is forever.

• No I dont

• Not necessarily but you do need to have relationships to be happy in my opinion, dating close friends, etc

• Me personally: Yes.
    Other people: No, not everyone.

• No, but I think I would be happier if I were in a relationship... would like to give my heart to a girl :D

• Not necessarily but it helps a lot.

• Nope!

@apple24 be happy! Even tho life sux ass sometimes. There is always something to smile about! :)

• At a certain point in life, yes. Not truly happy. That's why just about everyone tries to get one asap, even if it's not a full relationship. (e. g. friends with benefits and such)

• not really, im an introvert so i won't say that you have to be in a relationship to be happy, i would say that you just need few, loyal, honest and caring people in your life, that can be your family and friends, to stay happy in life.

• Ha no
    You can be single and perfectly happy

• Nope not at all

• Not at all, single and happy.
    Very happy

• Nope, but it sure seems like a lot of people do

• nah im pretty happy right now for the most part just making personal progress and getting me some od dem personal gainZ remeber its not a gain unless it has a Z at the end of it :P

• No but going for a long stretch without one can definitely be disappointing.

• I agree with this answer. Individuals can be happy without anyone else in their lives, but having someone else there can feel nice too!

• Yeah, I think you can be happy by yourself but even more with someone else haha.

• I have a girlfriend

But in not depending on her to make me happy

If I had a car
    Job
    House of my own

THEN I'd be happier lol

Not saying to be rich but a nice apartment with a decent car would be rather lovely

• You can be happy single

• Yes. For me anyway.

• hell no

What Girls Said 18

• while some people are generally happier in relationships, i don't think that they're a requirement to be happy in general.

that said, if we look at some of the things relationships can offer (sexy time, someone to share your passions and ideas with, unlimited cuddles), it's easy to see the benefits.

• Definitely not
    Think back to when you were young and happy. Most people weren't in relationships back then unless you count family and friends

• not necessarily
    when you're single, you can do anything with friends, you can be everything you want - travel, cooking class, dancing, music class. you are literally improving your skill and social netwrok

but nobody wants to be lonely, some time there will be a time where you do want to settle down, slow down the life a little bit, and being with someone you love. it's life

• Nope.

• Nope. Happiness comes from within, that's all I gotta say.

• i feel like life is better and easier to have someone there for you. if you have good enough friends tho it doesn't matter

• Yeah I do - I'm looking for a way to change this perception though. I want to be happy single instead of constantly dating

• Nope, you should be abe to be happy without being in one.

• I'm was happily single for many many years

• I don't know
    I'm 20 and I spent all my teenage years single.
    I'm not sad but obviously I dream about having a caring boyfriend etc etc
    But as a women I think that being single it's the Best thing for a person because you will learn about yourself and know your worth before anybody, and when you enter a new relationship, you'll be stable and you'll have a healtier relationship.

• No not really, before I met Ethan my boyfriend I was happy with my life, but then he turned my life around and I don't like my life, I love It!!! So it depends on how your life was before your relationship and how your relationship make you feel now

• No, I don't.
    I just need to be stress- and worry-free to be happy in life :)

• Nope. Not everyone in relationships are happy.

• No that is not true, true happiness is only what you make it to be and that can be anything in life

• no I am married and not happy in my relationship

• No way

• No. However, I can not help to feel really bad and like a failure when I make an attempt at a relationship and it does not work out. Especially when the guy is the one that lost interest. The women in my family do not get married. Because of this I have became obsessed with the idea, I feel like I need to break this generational curse. So failed relationships really makes me depressed, I lose both appetite and weight, and just go into solitude. I am trying to work on my coping mechanisms though.

• No I don't think that