Can anyone help me with this issue please?

So on Friday i got myself a new 16GB sd card for my phone (the one i had before was only 8GB).. i basically put it in my slot and transferred the content of the 8GB one to the new one... and one day after... there's a notification which says "Damaged SD card" and most of my media was lost
i tried to fix that.. but nothing
well today i bought myself another one on my way back home and i would like to know how to make sure this problem won't repeat himself again >:( >:(

please i would like to have your opinions on this

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a micro SD card? Ok first you need to buy an adapter so you can plug the old one and new one into your computer. First plug the old one into your computer and copy the files on it into a folder. While thats happenING plug your new SD card into your phone and in your phone settings you should have the option to Format the SD card. Do that and when it's done hit unmount SD card then take the SD card out. Now take the old SD card out of the computer with all the files on your computer and plug the new one into your computer and transfer the files of the old SD card onto it. Then after that is all done plug it into your phone and that should work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances are that it is a faulty card or a cheap knock off. Get it replaced and only buy brand names from a quality retailer.

What Guys Said 11

• Well it seems like the issue is with the manufacturer, first things first get a refund for that card. Then buy a different brand

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

if the phone can still read the 8gb card then the phone is not to blame

• Pop it into your computers memory card slot and save a movie/video to it (Make sure the video is large enough to make the card full), play the video in repeat for a few hours, than after the repeated play back, check the memory card for errors, and if none show up, than you know your memory is defect free and reliable. Try and erase the faulty 16gb card, and return it to where you bought it from for a replacement/refund. Not much you can do to retrieve the lost data from the damaged card, but you can still transfer the data from the old card provided you didn't erase or formatted it.

• Send the card back to the manufacturer and ask for a new one. For the future I say buy an external hard drive that's like 2+ terabytes and backup your important stuff there.

• if you have a lap top or PC with an SD card reader, you can get free software that might be able to recover some or all of what is on there. The card may be too big for the phone to handle. It may be fine if read from another device.

• i tried these already and my phone can handle up to 64gb

• Hmmmm! Think you might have a problem. I always buy Sandisk SD cards. I use several 64Gb for vid cams and still cams. Never had a problem with that make.

• There is no way of avoiding such first action. If the SD card is damaged it is damaged. Somethings these thing get through testing on manufacturing part.
    Return the damaged card to the retailer and get a refund for a new one give u have the receipt. And see it it works properly this time. The likely chance of u getting another damaged card is very slim

Hope this helps

• Moral of the story. Always backup your data.

• you can try recovering deleted files, or restoring it w/ software. google easeus recovery and try a trial verion.

this requires a computer and a memory card reader (laptops)

• tried already but didn't worked... the card is damaged

• i'm sure you'll have 2499 pictures and 100s of songs in a month.

• This is a tough one. U could have gotten a bad card. I would keep that 8 GB card as a back up of what u currently have. Is the card formatted properly? I m guessing if the phone sees all 16 GB u should be OK if it doesn't send it back. How to keep this from happening well keep that 8 GB as a backup.

• you can't but you can minimize the risk of it by buying from good brands id say just buy from either samsung/kingston/sandisk

• the data you transferred might be corrupted or has virus in it. maybe

• Reasons I love the iphone...

• well not everyone can afford to buy it -_-'' ... money don't grow on trees

• Maybe not the iPhone 6s but 4s is quite affordable now.😊

What Girls Said 1

• maybe you should contact the warranty company!