When you go on a cruise. do they let you get off the ship?

I never been on a cruise. say its a cruise to Bahamas. do they park the boat and let you get off?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! That's one of the benefits. Depending on the length of the cruise and destinations, they have several stops. Usually allowing you spend up to a full day to explore, shop or take on a specific excursion. Often the cruise itself will have sign ups for a variety of mainland excursions. I did a mountain bike descent from the mountains of Jamaica once, swam with stingrays on the Caymen Islands and swam with dolfins on the isle of Cozumel MX. In Key West we went on a tour of Hemmingways home. Lots of things to do.

What Girls Said 11

• Ya they usually do, I took a cruise to the Bahamas and they parked at a beach and we stopped there for a few hours in the day, and another little island. Just check the map, usually they have a list of the stops and what you can do at them.

• yes they do.

• that s the whole point of the cruise xD
    you get a few hours in every destination.
    but the boat itself is a great experience.
    with which firm are you going?
    I went once with MSC, it was good. Costa is good too.

• Yeah, they do, but you typically have to pay a fee and make sure you get back to the ship in time.

• I mean to site see for few days or somthing

• it had a legit cruise number and we got it right when she went to it. we assumed it was her

• ill just bring my phone and Skype

• Yes you can go off. The ones I went on made you check in and out of the boat with your passport.

• Some of them do. Some don't.

• Yeah they do

• I think it depends on the ship and can they park, if not I am sure they will have someway to let you off.

• yes there are day tours and shopping trips

• My folks went on a few most do make stops & you can disembark.
    Shouldn't all this be explained in the itinerary of the cruise?

• Yeah everyone can get off at a given time to take pictures and whatnot

What Guys Said 7

• You'll stop in various ports such as St Thomas, Barbados etc., and you'll have the whole day to explore the sights, but you must be back on the ship by a certain time.

• Check out the itinerary and the brochure - If they allow you off, the will advertise how long they stay in each port as part of the sales pitch.

• Yeah and no...
    You make multiple stops on tiny islands maybe 7
    But you can't just say "hey! I'm in the mood so peace out guys!" in the middle of the night anchored in the middle of no were
    Well actually you can but good luck to get off the ship without any scratch

• Yes, they port at certain destinations

• Whatever places are on the cruise you are on you will have to e to explore those places

• "parking the boat" lol my man its called docking and yeah they will dock at several locations

• so is it parallel docking?

• They sure do.