My boyfriend doesn't want me to make a how do I look question?

Could someone explain what would be bad about it, because he can't tell me other than he just doesn't want me to.

It was just going to be my face. I feel down and I was curious to see what people thought about my appearance. I wasn't going to put anything revealing up, I have way too much respect for myself and my body.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he doesn't want you to spread photos of yourself over the internet, which in my personal opinion, would be a very understandable concern.

• It was just going to be my face. I feel down and I was curious to see what people thought about my appearance. I wasn't going to put anything revealing up, I have way too much respect for myself and my body.

• Yes I understand. I feel a little silly now for asking this question. I never post many photos online I honestly don't like taking pictures. I know the internet could be dangerous, and that definitely outweighs hearing the opinions of others. I'm going to apologize to my boyfriend and thank him for wanting to protect me. Also, thank to the both of you guys as well. I appreciate you both being honest and steering me toward the best.

• No problem :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he doesn't want you putting potentially revealing pics up online just so other guys will give you opinions

• Well maybe he thinks you should be able to feel good about your appearance without needing other people to tell you you look good

• Yeah I guess you're right.

What Guys Said 3

• Have your boyfriend talk with us. Let him ask a question stating his concerns about this and we can respond back to him with feedback that might alleviate his concerns. This is a safe space.

• Maybe he wants you all for himself ! :)

• He doesn't want all the guys making comments on you. It'll make him jealous.

• Yeah, I guess I understand.

What Girls Said 8

• He doesn't want your image, body, face whatever out there for the world to see and possibly have guys pleasure themselves to. Besides, if you have s boyfriend who's attracted to you, why do you want to post a how do I look? It's a bit rude.

• because most guys would masterbate to it!

• haha I might do the same just for kicks! lol

• Because why is it important for you to have loads of strangers rating you? I wouldn't like if my boyfriend did so either, and you know why? Because the only thing that should matter is that HE likes the way you look, and that YOU like the way you look.

• He want to protect you against mean people who will send you bad message and critics you

• Probably doesn't want other guys calling you cute , pretty , etc

• He doesn't want guys to be pming you and bothering you.. or having people hurt you feelings

• He's probably jealous people would see what he claims as his

• He's doesn't want the world to see your body- especially if that's what he wants to keep seeing

• Why do you need our opinions? Why don't you just ask your bf?

• I understand his concerns, I'm not going to do it.