What's with all the insecurity ladies and gents?

I see girls with beautiful faces and bodies asking, is my body okay? I'm really insecure. Even guys with above average bodies asking girls if his chest or arms should be 2 inches bigger. Who the fuck cares.

It can't just be based on media influence ( photoshop influence ) . Are people now, just built insecure?

• no one is perfect , so why stress!
  • I'm influenced by media
  • I was born to be insecure
  • I was bullied during my adolescence and it has scared me
  • it's my parents/significant others always wanting me to look more pefect
  • other
dam forgot to say no to anonymous opinions again!

Most Helpful Girl

• Right!! It's so mind boggling to me. Even when I was little. I could never get this influence that the media has over people. Media says one particular thing is attractive and everyone goes crazy trying to achieve that look. Its sad.. How people are so harsh of themselves when they don't fit that stupid criteria. Why should we change ourselves based on what someone else's objective of beautiful is. We're all unique and different and we should embrace it. the world doesn't need to be filled with Barbie and kens! In my opinion

What Girls Said 16

• As I voted, I was born insecure. I have never really been comfortable with my body, I'm a really small petite girl and i always felt like that was an issue, I always asked that question to myself and whomever i was with at the time. I would always be told I look perfect, but I refuse to be labeled as that cause I'm not. The media has contributed to myself and everyone thinking they have to look a certain way. I'm becoming more loving of myself each day. Some of us are just really insecure and most likely feel the need to ask for approval of our appearance. It's a process, it may be unhealthy, but it is. If everyone else thinks we look ok, then just maybe we can appreciate ourselves a bit then eventually not care. I may not make sense but thats how it is for me.

• I feel like society wants insecure people, especially insecure women. Why? Because they're easier to manipulate. There's a reason why guys go for "daddy's issues" types of girls. And it's not always because they want to help them lol So naive. Some like to exploit those insecurities.

And then product companies, if no one felt like they needed to improve, they'd go broke. Bye bye most of MAC, L'Oréal, Proactiv, Murad, etc profits.

• just to clarify something... not all girl who post "is my body okay?" are insecure SOME do it because they are fishing for compliments and OTHERS do it because they are REALLY insecure
    personally i am insecure because of personal issues... nuff said

• I would say it s E.
    My mum is 1.67, 52 years old and she still measures 90-60-90. Even younger man like in their 40s are still attracted to her. My ex boyfriend who is 34 and his female and male friends all said she can't be her age. She never needed to do sports to keep in shape either. She is just naturally gifted. I got her face and her skin (no she never wears make up and still looks stunning), but I took after my dad's family. As I grew up she would tell me that my butt looked as big as a house, whenever I put on 2-3 kg she would looked at me with a disgusted face and just sigh and when I asked 'what' she would just look away and say 'no nothing' but I knew se other times she would just snap 'no girl this time u reached the limit! U put on too much weight'. Other times she would just come to me and say 'I m gonna fix u, u look stunning and u could be perfect if we find a way to fix your legs'. I m a size 8 but down I need a size 10-12 now and I dropped 20kg in 1 year. I m still not happy with myself.

• Like you said no one is perfect. I'm not stressing over it.

• I've had an eating disorder since I was 4. I am also a natural red head with curly hair and never felt beautiful. I always felt like a clown 😞 I think a lot of it has to do with what others say about you even though some will say it doesn't bother them. After awhile it does. You start wondering am I sexy, pretty, handsome etc... Its an insecurity even some of the most beautiful people in the world have gone through.

• I think everyone is insecured about smthng and needs an ego boost. doesn t need to be extreme but yea, gag is a perfect outlet for this.
    especially if you go anon and no one knows you or judges you.

• Bullied throughout kindergarden and grade school... so... Yup.

• it's a combination of our world becoming overwhelmingly vain to the point where ones self-worth is tied strongly to looks (I think more and more people having access to things to "correct" every flaw you can think of is making everything worse) and some people may be fishing for compliments because they know they look good and it feels good to hear others say it.

• Vote F = Most people in life just need a little validation and attention from others to feel good. This is harmless.

Harmful is getting too much unwanted attention & not being able to switch it off.

• This is gag for you... they don't represent real world. :P

• Everyone has flaws and all, but I think they want to live up the standard that everyone is perfect - which isn't true but we are perfectly imperfect!

• It could be just for attention too

• The ideal body image of man and woman portrayed by media is just unrealistic, that's why...

• The site is full of people who want people who don't want them. For whatever reason, it seems to skew that way. And people think some superficial reason is the reason that they can't achieve the relationship or sexual status they wanted... But it seems that a lot of us here are actually just emotionally damaged in some way, but we don't realize that the real thing that's holding us back.

• I guess I have always been insecure, never really liked my body, but it's not that media or whatever influences me, like I couldn't care less, it's just the way I see myself, though believe me I've gotten much better throughout the years

What Guys Said 2

• You cannot change the way you were made. So like it and live it. It's really that easy.

• they deserve it,.