If I find a raccoon, can I keep it?

They are just so cute! Look at them 😍
If I find a raccoon, can I keep it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Well thank you so much! But it's best not to try to keep us as pets. We're still wild animals and known carriers of rabies. Plus our poop can contain a type of roundworm that is very toxic to humans. But otherwise thanks for the shout out!

What Guys Said 9

• Theyre one of my favorite animals.

As far as legality it depends on where you live.

As far as practicality it's probably not a good idea if you dont have any experience with wild animals. I've spoken with one user on here who said he took care of them succesfully but I dont think its something just anyone can do.

Another really cute animal thats similar to raccoons are red pandas.

imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/.../Twitch-1420553380.gif

• Mmm.. first of all... I'd say yes for the respect of your preference.

2. Humans are just soooo adorable!! Lets abduct them! Would you be okay if an alien did that to you? (sorry if it's a little harsh)

3. I have a thing for animals too.. and pets... and I'd say as long as it doesn't really wanna go away, you can keep it. Under the circumstances you are knowledgeable on how to keep a racoon as a pet.

4. Make sure you'll be responsible for him/ her (and no I'm not from some stupid animal protection org, which doesn't do much anything except for wasting resources that harm animals indirectly, pardon for some who really do stuff without bluffing too much!)

5. Take the cute little guy to a vet... gotta make sure he's clean and all..

6. make sure you can take it when it goes...

• i'm pretty sure they're dangerous

• The hills have eyes... Oh wait that's just a Racoon invasion...

27.media.tumblr.com/...kyrs7kxzZs1qz6iw2o1_500.jpg

• if you manage to raise one from birth it might be ok, but wild raccoons are somewhat dangerous, and tend to carry rabies

• I don't think you'd be allowed to but what can stop you? If the police are called just say that the raccoon is chill af and stops by regularly.

• They're cute, but very evil. They have rabies.

• They are dangerous, but if you can raise one then go on

• Great pets and smart animals. They are clean and have a lower incident of rabies than most wild animals and even dogs.

What Girls Said 11

• I would like to keep an owl if one "randomly" waddled onto my door step. But it's not right to have a wild animal. Wild animals need to be.. Well in the wild or just in their natural habitat..

Otherwise I would of had an owl as my pet lol
    image.freepik.com/.../white-owl_21213585.jpg

• I would totally keep @Bandit74 :DD

• Thanks 😊

• I think Id enjoy your company. you're very knowledgable about a wide range of topics which makes you interesting. You also seem to be a nice person so I dont can't think of any reason why you would be unpleasant to hang out with.

• @Bandit74 I'm happy to hear that. :))

• As cute as these guys are, they are not animals to keep as pets. Also, it's illegal to take any animal from the wild. Raccoons are very clever and mischievous. Left unsupervised, they can quickly destroy a home and its furnishings. Adult raccoons in particular can also be unpredictable around both humans and pets. It is difficult to find veterinarians and pet sitters to care for pet raccoons, and they harbor many diseases that can pose health risks to you and your family. Raccoons purchased as pets can no longer survive in the wild, so human guardians must be prepared to take on a 10 to 15 year commitment to an animal that often requires 24/7 supervision.

So, no. Please do not get a raccoon.

• NO WAY!

• If you want to get a disease then sure, other than that I don't know how you find them cute :( lol

• Depends on the by-laws in your municipality, but usually not.

• You know how fucking mean they are? They're little bastards. Cute. But little bastards.

• No, I will! *_*

• Evil pests

• :):):) I try keep also

• No they are a wild animal & can also carry RABIES.