What's the saddest thing in life?

What's the saddest thing in life? in your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• how much our differences can get to some people.

Most Helpful Guy

• The saddest thing in life is that we're nothing. We are nothing more than a byproduct of the universe and the perfect conditions for life to develop and a stable environment which allowed the slow but inevitable evolution to the animals that we are today. People are so busy thinking how special they are, how big their problems are, etc., when in reality we're nothing more than a vessel for dna to get passed on and survive; it makes no difference that we are intelligent beings, our purpose in life is the same as a banana's: reproduce. When you look at the really big picture (how vast the universe is and how old it is), you'll come to understand how insignificant people are and how everything is so fake, it's a real eye-opener when you trully see it and accept it.

What Girls Said 6

• Old people who have no one to take care of them.

Abused children and animals.

• when a child dies before their parents and pointless wars

• The fact we're put on this Earth completely clueless as to where we came from and what's going to happen to us, that's pretty sad.

• Suffering

• Loneliness

• Life is sad as a whole
    But the happiness and joy that exists makes up for it I suppose

What Guys Said 17

• The saddest thing in life is that most animals in nature die a terrible, painful, stressful death.

• Abuse...
    mistreated kids and animals...
    Lethal violence (genocides and the like)
    Stupid people.

• that we can never truly deeply understand each other. we always need the crutch called "language" to approximate how the other feels. we can never fully feel the same way, therefore for example never know if our SO really loves us back the same way we love them. we can just hope.

• The regardless of what you do with your life or how long you live, in the end you lose everything.

• when you love a girl more than yourself and she cheats you and you again wanna talk to her she ignores you.. she gets married and didn't invites you... and you know about her marriage after 3 months of marriage you mail her to congratulate.. she replies... but you still loves her...

• Losing something you hold dear

• Death itself, obviously. In fact, that is why I admire my religion Eastern Orthodoxy despite its flaws. It does not try to romanticize death or say that it is somehow a good thing vis-a-vis all that "natural order" garbage, but teaches that death is evil, unnatural, and not what God intended. It was the result of sin and sin in turn is the result of the fear of death. Nobody was made to die and allowing creation to suffer death was unacceptable. So God Himself became man and died, and since death could not contain God, death itself was destroyed through the Resurrection. And so we hope and believe that one day we too will be resurrected into eternal life.

• my male white privilage, I have to lash my self 30 times and pour salt in my wounds :P

but really loss of ssomething dear to you

• Nothing lasts.

• life itself.

• The saddest thing is life is also the best thing in life.
    "All things shall pass"

• I've heard losing a child tops the list.

• American Football.

• My ongoing exams

• you're 23 and still studying in school?

• Well that escalated quickly..

• You talk like as if I don't know anything I'm studying at university too I know so much about university and I realized I made mistake and annoyed you becasue of this I apologized but you don't accept I'm still sorry

• heartbreak

• The death of someone's mother TBH

• Loneliness