Gay couple win custody to keep baby from Thai surrogate mother. Thoughts?

• Congratulations!
  • Against it.
Surrogate wanted her baby back after she found out the adoptive couple was gay.

Most Helpful Girl

• surrogates aren't meant to keep the baby. if their sexuality mattered so much to her, she should have asked before agreeing to do it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Against it. But I believe that surrogacy itself is an abomination that perverts the natural process, and so this conflict was only inevitable. You cannot expect a woman to endure 9 months of pregnancy and then deliver a child only to feel no attachment whatsoever. She endured what mothers endure, and yet through a perversion is not truly the mother because two men suffering another perversion--homosexuality--wanted an infant. Disgusting. Did they ever think that perhaps the reason they cannot have children on their own is because they are not supposed to? But instead they would rather pervert nature to suit their whims as if they knew better than the one who set it into place.

What Girls Said 7

• Such a strange situation.
    She carried the baby for 9 months and delivered it. But it's not hers. But it kind of is. But it isn't.
    Weird.

• She should honor the contract and keep her word.

• she signed a contract. And isn't like half of the male population in thailand identify as women. So the LGBT community is huge , and very apart of the culture. So the fact that she is against it stuns me.

• if she's a surrogate mother then wtf is she doing trying to take custody of the baby?

• I agree with it. That woman wasn't biologically related to the baby anyway

• I don't care.

• Congratulations!

What Guys Said 8

• congrats to them. a surrogate shouldn't be able to, after the fact, decide that she isn't going to give the baby she is carrying to the family whom she agreed to carry the baby for

• Thai women aren't to be trusted anyway, as they will leave the toilet seat up.

• If she was the biological mother then the gay guys should still come out in front by a bit when the question of custody came up. But since she's a surrogate, no way lady, of course she's not going to win that.

• I totally agree witht the decsion, the surrogate knew what she was getting into and went through with it.

• If there was no fraud, I agree with the decision.

• hey if the gay guys kept their end of thebargan and explained everything legally and went through the whole process and she agreed all the way through it was her problem

• Vote C: Doesn't effect me in any way, shape or form.

• She knew what she was entering into and probably signed a contract.