Rather be respected or loved?

This is mostly directed at guys/men

but girls/women can answer too.

Based on a survey, supposedly men prefer one more than the other... Without saying which of the two options is the one said to be preferred according to that survey... I just want to see how accurate this is.. Supposedly men tend to stay and be faithful with women who do this more than the other option..

Which do you rather have in a relationship?

• Respected
  • Loved
So according to the poll... the statistics are correct..
Higher percentage of guys prefer to be respected
and
Higher percentage of girls prefer to be loved...

Weird!!!
good to know! :]]]!!!
Thanks!
Maybe that's why there are more hooker girls than there are men hookers... :/
lol just a thought. :D!

Most Helpful Guy

• Respect! Everyone should have their basic respect... unless they're scum

Most Helpful Girl

• Respected. I can't love or be loved by someone who doesn't respect me.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't care if I don't get love, I am perfectly capable of living my life without being in love or being loved by anyone, that's doesn't affect me at all.

Respect as far as I know, it is earned, not given. However to answer your question, I would rather be respected because I don't care about being loved.

• toughie because want both. but being loved without respect is no good. we must be respected to some degree.

that doesn't mean we are easy to respect because we are imperfect... so you ladies have to make sure you can respect us as we are... and there is no guarantee you can change us...

• If you love someone, you show it with respect and kindness. Without respect, is there truly love?

• @Starside16 there are different types of love... in Green. Erose (romantic or sexual), Agape (brotherly love), Philia (deep friendship), ... and others.
      In Erose... I don't think so.
      In the others... yes. Ex. I love my friend, but I don't respect his behavior to do drugs to survive. there is soemthing wrong with him. I don't respect how he takes advantage of women. etc..

• There's more positives by being respected without love than vice versa. A girl can want you in carnal ways and not love you. If she's attracted to me, wants me and respects me. Making me feel loved, because she wants to then I'll take that over her loving me and disrespecting me. Possibly cheating on me, because she doesn't respect me as a man.

• You can't be loved without respect. I choose respect.

• I have to go with respect because it's hard finding the respect as a man I want from a woman. Not getting respect can cause me to move on.

• I'd rather be respected because I get plenty of love :) I think most men would rather be respected to be honest.

• It really depends I would rather be loved because if I feel the same then no other persons opinion should matter but then obviously you want the person to respect you as well as love you.

What Girls Said 5

• Respect... I can deal without love.

• Respect, I can do without the love.

• Love

• Loved

• I prefer be loved