Should I move or stay?

My roommate and I have grown apart since I've quit drinking. They're still drinking a lot every day and I feel like they resent me for changing. We don't talk as much as we use to and sometimes there's just a weird tension that I can't explain. It's not like I'm so uncomfortable that I have to gtfo here ASAP but it's a little awkward. Should I just say screw it and stay just don't spend a lot of time with them or should I move

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you want to continue to not drink I suggest you move. The more you see them drink you will want to drink again. And if you guys don't have much of a friendship due to not drinking then what is the point of living uncomfortably

What Guys Said 3

• Chances are the issue is you not hanging out with or interacting with them rather then the drinking. Stick around and try to engage them more and see what happens.

• It depends on how uncomfortable the drinking makes you. and if it makes it hard not to drink. If it makes it real hard for you then I would suggest moving so you can stay sober

• Move. If you are trying to "recover" or just need to not waste so much time on benders, then move out. You can still visit them if/when you want to drink.

What Girls Said 0