Do you ever try to do things outside of your comfort zone?

Outside your comfort zone meaning you aren't completely sure about some or you feel a bit uncomfortable or shy.

Do you try to do things outside of your comfort zone? Cause you want to overcome your fears? Become more confident in something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'm usually really good at going out of my comfort zone, BUT only the first time. For example, I went to a trampoline place with sick obstacle courses. There was a rock climbing wall that was tall and also pretty wide. Under was a net filled with foam blocks. The first time I went, I shimmed across a padded ledge, dogged the foam punching bags that hung from the ceiling, and hoisted myself up the wall and started to climb horizontally. I made it one move away from the bell, which was good considering it was my first time. The next time we went I was so scared my hands and feet got sweaty, and I couldn't do it. When I finally got the courage to, I still couldn't, I couldn't even get up the wall to the starting position.

In good news, I tried to jump across those balls like on Wipe Out, I made it on it (didn't fly off) but my shirt flew up and my modesty was more important than making it across.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, I do, more so because you never know when something will become a necessity or critical to know or do. Sometimes one has to do things one does not want to do (or it would be best for one to do such things); it is a fact of existence. Things happen and dead animals would just move themselves! (Game wardens and government officials aren't there on weekends.) Obviously, the ultimate comfort zone is probably living; death is a place many fear to think about or tread.

What Girls Said 18

• yes, definitely. I've conquered a lot of my 'fears' in that way. Facing things that you're scared of is really the only way to defeat them, and one thing I've realized over the past few months is that in most cases, I'm my own worst enemy. The thing fueling most of my fears are my own irrational thoughts about them.

• Yes, I've done this several times. I am an introvert, and prefer my alone time but I have done a lot of public speaking for school and work. I have anxiety, but I just meditate a bit, take deep breathes and do it.

• All the time, I can't learn or grow as an individual if I don't. We should always risk going outside of our comfort zone's. Nothing is accomplished in them.

• I have anxiety, pretty much everything is outside my comfort zone 😂

• Yes I have. Thats the only way to grow.

• Um depends how adventurous my mood is that day, but sure I try.

• Oh hell ya! I'm a daredevil 😈 Plus you're never going to experience other things that you might like if you don't go out of your comfort zone. At least give it a try right.

• yeah i push myself to do things out of my comfort zone because that's how you achieve the things you want.

• I'm trying to step outside of it more these days.

• Sometimes I do.

• all the time yes

• Yeah sometimes when I'm doing things I haven't done before I just tell myself that it's good because it's out of my comfort zone

• Sometimes i do... it's kinda rare for me to do it though

• yes i do, i think fear is the only thing that hold people back from doing greater stuff

• I held a snake once, that was out of my comfort zone haha (a very small one, mind.)

• yes I do quite a bit

• I try but it's hard for me...

• Not until recently :) I'm actually extremely shy and reserved with people but I've been taking small steps to improve. I'm actually going to attend my graduation even though the idea of walking on stage to receive a diploma is very terrifying to me. I didn't attend my high school graduation ceremony because I didn't want to face people watching me and I regretted that decision so that's why I'm doing it this time. Also, I applied to live in residence so that I don't rely on my dad and sister to speak up on my behalf. I kind of want to learn how to interact with people and explore who I really am without hiding in the background. Hopefully I'm up for the challenge and won't make a total fool of myself!! :)

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah, I've always been trying to beat the shit out of my comfort zone. I've done a pretty good job at breaking down those barriers.

• Yes. I am lucky both my girlfriend and best friend are adventurous and like doing new stuff too. My parents, meanwhile, are shocked - "you never wanted to do that before!" That's because I didn't have the right people to do them with before!

• I always push my comfort zones. Dude, it's the only way you can change for the better. In fact there is almost no such thing as failure for me. It's just all an experiment that is successful or not.

• Yes, that's how I got into backpacking.

• Most of the time no.

• If you want a handjob from me.. Just ask for it #nohomo

• Yes. If you don't you get stagnant.

• Yes, I try to talk to girls I don't know.

• Nope.

I like the security of my very small and intimate comfort zone