Do you think you can tell if someone's stupid just by the model of their phone?

I don't know if it's me but i think people with older devices are often slow mode and even a close minded?

• Yes
  • No
  • To some extent
Firstly i don't mean strangers by the first impression to judge them* that's just stupid if you thought that Secondly I'm speaking about the current tech generation not the elderly people above 30+ and whatsoever
Thirdly i am not asking you give me reasons of people not changing their phones, it's just yes or no question stick to that and don't give me reasons such as people can't afford it, everyone can do it's just a matter of priorities.
So far 20 person agreed 👍🏻👮🏻

Most Helpful Girl

• There is seriously no correlation between the two. If someone has an older phone then it means they have an older phone. Maybe they like them more or have no need for a smartphone. It really shouldn't matter what kind of phone someone has.

• Tbh I want an old phone or no phone at all sometimes, Internet is becoming overwhelming

• Well thank you :) i can see why people may have taken it the way they did. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt lol

• You're welcome
      They must learn from you that's all i can say :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the problem with being progressive, just because you think you're being "more advanced", others would consider you slower and close minded.
    Someone might say that anyone concerned with a person's telephone is clearly focused on small issues, there semantics in the big picture.
    Maybe people either don't care what type of phone they have, or see a nice phone as being pointless.

I stopped caring what phone I had after my first iPhone. Now I have some Android phone, honest to god don't even know the model or specs. I don't have Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, etc... So I don't need something nice for that.
    I don't play games on my phone, so i don't need something nice and new for that either.
    I don't care to take photoshoots of myself or anything with my phone (because I don't have a fb or Instagram to post on, or want to have it)
    About all I need a " smart phone" for us using the internet (which depends more on my provider and network than the phone itself) and YouTube videos ( which is the only place besides this I even have and account). I also use email, but I don't that through my phone's web browser and not an application on the phone.

I'm not knocking you for having a "super great" phone, I'm just questioning your superiority phone complex.
    I am an avid hiker, why would I try and keep up with the latest iPhone ( because you have to buy one every year to always have the newest phone), especially if the chances of that phone getting broken, on the trail or in the river, go up exponentially because of hiking?
    I'm just saying people have there reasons.

• You are away too far from using technology at all, to some extent it's good if you were focusing in your life and finding success.
      I don't even change my phone every year, and you can get a shock resistance to avoid any impact that might causes your iPhone to break.
      To keep up with technology especially these days is something important i believe, but to be fully addicted to it is another thing and i don't recommend at all.

• Technology will be good if we use it for species advancement, but instead it's used for all the wrong reasons. When we focus on having better and better tech we become more dependent. Look at how many people my age who can't answer simple questions, like what does the house of reps do, or who were our founding fathers, etc... Without using the phone to look it up, we have a problem.
      I'm pretty sure Einstein said why memorize things you can just look up in a book, or our case a phone, but I don't think he ment to this extent.
      He was still able to retain basics in order to understand his work, we can't retain anything because we know we can just look it up. But you can ask kids who are the most famous pop stars and they can rattle those off without a phone.
      But anyway, I would just put it this way, all stupid people have slow phones, but not all slow phones are owned by stupid people.

• Word up :)

What Girls Said 24

• My personal phone is a Nokia 3109. It makes phone calls and has a four day battery life.

Discuss.

• Someone with an old phone either just still likes their phone, or maybe they can't afford a newer one. Why would it mean they aren't smart?

• Well the good news is, is that when someone asks me, "what's the stupidest thing you saw today?" I have an answer.

• are you for real? you're so ignorant to even think that. Some people don't change their phones like their clothes because they know it's stupid to follow people that do that. Also, phone models are expensive. Ain't nobody got time to keep buying new ass phones.

• -.-' you shouldn't have the finest phone in the market, at least something in the middle

• Get your facts straight I was born in the 90s bro

• You are mean.. i exaggerated a bit hoping to make it funny somehow.. :p

• http://data.whicdn.com/images/51620371/large.gif

Not everyone can afford to have the latest tech. Some people don't like to get new phones until the old one breaks.

• Lol i don't buy the last i-phone because it's a trend and when the next one is gonna be released this on is already gonna be old and i hate it , i would be afraid to breack it just by putting it in my pocket lol. I have a HTC 8X and i like it because it does all a phone can do, it's not so fragile, it's pretty good looking the screen is big enough and nope i am not close minded at all~

• hahahah poor guy, everything is being mean with you just because u asked a random question >_< ... me is not mean, me is nice lol

• You're so chilly!

• Haww thanks~

• No, but I can tell by the type of questions they ask

• What ever kind or model cell phone you have has nothing to do with ones intelligence.

• Absolutely not. This is, possibly, the stupidest thing I've seen all week. If anything, the most intelligent people are less concerned with their mobile phones and more interested in expanding their brains. Also, here's a thought: did Einstein even HAVE a phone? Marie Curie? Isaac Newton? Alexander Fleming? NO. And they're only some of the most intelligent people to ever live. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't even be where we are now.

Oh aye, and perhaps you should consider that if it wasn't for Alexander Graham Bell's grand invention of the telephone in the first place, you wouldn't even be able to fathom posting a question like this in the first place.

So yeah, maybe use your brain before you spout a whole load of trash. The brainiest people aren't glued to the latest mobile handset 24/7.

Ugh, people these days.

• I know I can tell you're stupid just by the questions you ask! 🙆🏻
    Don't know what I'm referring to?
    Here's a link: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1978100-do-you-think-you-can-tell-if-someone-s-stupid-just-by-the-model-of

• I might be stupid but i can't beat you with stupidity, master
      Read this question, you will get blushed and won't reply to me anymore and if you did it's just because you want to say something lame.
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1476251-is-it-weird-to-never-having-been-asked-out-at-19

• I feel like you're one of those people that will just keep replying with bullshit so they have the last word but oh well, that's your problem, I feel sorry must be annoying having to live with that. lol bye now 😘 Get well soon!

• I cancelled your chances of replying to me since the beginning but you still insisted to write me back, don't kiss me horny, i am not interested eww.

• no, not having a new phone just means they aren't putting it as a priority in their lives.

• Lmfao what the hell? That's random. I don't think I agree

• Your update says 20 people agreed. Time for another update! Actually 11 agree another 11 are on the fence & 82 disagree.

• What if they are poor and that is all they could afford?
    This question is stupid.

• If you are poor you wouldn't be here commenting
      The answer was stupider

• You stinky stupid hoe, why you care about society when your whole life is internet? smh i pity you.

• Lol, you're the one asking the stupid questions. My whole life isn't internet dumbass.

• I think you're kinda ignorant for asking something like that. It's just personal preference. Doesn't mean that they are stupid.

• I'm not, i don't mean literally stupid.. but usually lower IQ

• You've just proved my point right there.

• Congratulation, you shouldn't use a barbaric style by calling me ignorant unless i disrespected you.
      Check the poll again.

• No but I can tell if someone's stupid by the questions they ask

• Literally anyone with an Iphone or Blackberry. I'm judging you hard.

• Wrong
      Samsung for life

• When I'm not broke XD

• I'll transfer few bucks to you haha ;)

• What is with all these troll questions?

• people who use samsung and windows phone are idiot
    people who use apple is smart

• Apple users are the smartest ;)

• Yea, they are awesome ;)

• People who have samsung are stupid... Do you really think you can judge people from what's their phone is?

• That makes no sense. Right now, I happen to use an old ass Nokia RM-908 (it used to belong to my dad) because I cannot be bothered to get a new one. Also, the last mobile phone I owned was a Nokia C2-02. It functioned well for many years and I was sad when it broke. I don't give a shit about phone trends.

• To bad GAG won't let us vote on dumbest question of the day.

• yes, but you can also tell how stupid someone is by looking at the question they posted

• yes, but you can also tell how stupid someone is by looking at the question they answered

What Guys Said 11

• lol. Now I heard that too. But no, not at all.

Older phones was better in so many ways, lasted for ages and they could take a serious beating. And for some weirdass reason, I noticed a lot of the newer phone struggle with signals, I dont get that. 3 people I know have had poor signals with their new phones, but swap back to the old ones and there is no problem. Same company, same transmitter thing they connect to. Not to mention the new ones hardly last either, a year or two they start malfunctioning, if drop it on the floor once it might be finished for good already. Older ones again could run over with a car and they still would work fine and would last for many years, first one I had worked for 8 years, no issues whatsoever. When started to use the newer types, neither have lasted longer than tops 2 years, 2 of them broke after just 6 months.

• my uni professor has an old nokia with no camera or even flash light... he is a professor and knows so many shit you'd be surprised , i think its easier to list what he doesn't know.

• If they buy every new phone that comes out and always has the latest model (and they don't work with phones or are collectors) they are probably pretty stupid because they are totally wasting their money, no matter how rich they are.

• Nope

• No, I've seen college professors with old flip phones.

• Yes, anyone who owns a phone running the Microsoft OS is by definition a moron.

• Lmaoo

• That was a humorous reply to the Windows Phone question, not directly related the the original question. Anyway I have read the update now. Took me a few tries to understand it properly (apparently I am elderly)

Taking cash out of the reasoning I would say no, they are not stupid but it is down to their level of need. People who live with their tech 24/7 will get more use out of the latest smartphone and are likely to be so attached to it they feel as if they cannot live without it, those who just use it occasionally will generally just stick with what they have as long as it works and does what they need.

However, I do not feel you can take cash out of the reasoning. Have you seen the price of a new iPhone? You could say that unless you live for tech or you have wads of cash burning a hole in your pocket anybody who actually pays for a new device has to be the stupid one. But what about the lady who spends £500 on a bag or £1,000 on a watch? To many people they are stupid too.

• @erandal If you didn't pay for it then you're a cheap moron

• its like judging someone based on what car they drive and what they wear.

• Nope, not at all. No correlation whatsoever!

• Well... do you think someone's a freaking coward and have no balls cause they post anonymous?

• Yes, the model of one's phone is directly linked to one's iq.

www.relatably.com/.../...b9bc4fde91447d655c374.jpg