Do you believe Men have less rights than women now in the U. S?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

1. Women have the upper hand in divorce and family court. Alimony, child custody, etc. usually goes towards the woman.
    2. There are women-only gyms, women-only services (like that new Uber thing that came out).
    3. Domestic violence shelters are catered more towards women. Domestic violence against men is not taken as seriously and even laughed at.
    4. Rape accusation - woman is believed from the start, man is guilty until proven innocent.
    5. There is no wage gap. Women are not paid less than men for the same work. It has been debunked many times.
    6. Men are forced into selective service, women are exempt.
    7. A man and a woman commit the same crime. The man gets a longer prison sentence, usually or a harsher punishment.
    8. Men are expected to work to have a good life. It is socially acceptable for a woman to choose not to work and live off of her husband or parents. If a man did that, he's a pussy.
    9. Small shit like ladies' night - free drinks for women only? How is that fair?
    10. A couple gets pregnant. The woman has the right "My body, my choice". She can choose to abort the baby or keep the baby. She has the final say in whether the child is born or not. The man can only stand by and wait for her answer - he will either have to become a father and pay out, or miss out on fatherhood.

I'm sure there's more. But the point is, women in the USA have AMAZING lives. Women can vote. Women can drive. Every right a man has, a woman has. They have additional perks and rights that make their lives more comfortable than men in the USA. Equality? Where did you go?

This is why I don't understand 3rd wave feminism. Nothing screams "First world problems" louder than this. I see those radical feminist protests saying "FUCK THE PATRIARCHY" I shake my head and shed tears for women in the other parts of the world (e. g. Middle East) who suffer under an actual patriarchy.

The other day, I saw an article saying that emoji's are sexist. I think it's going too far now. www.mirror.co.uk/.../emojis-sexist-girls-feel-under-7478780

What Guys Said 21

• I can't think of any rights a man has that a woman doesn't aside from maybe the "free the nipple" thing.

As far as paternity rights I think women are actually better off.

For example...
    If a man and a woman have sex and unexpectedly the woman becomes pregnant.

Scenario 1: The man wants the child, the woman doesn't want to be financially or emotionally responsible for the child.

Result: Woman's wishes override mans. The Woman can either get an abortion or have the child and put it up for adoption without ever being required to let the biological father know the child ever existed.

Scenario 2: The woman wants the child but the man doesn't want to be financially or emotionally responsible for a child.

Result: Woman's wishes override mans. The woman has the child and legally forces the guy to be financially responsible and emotionally shames him into being emotionally present in the child's life.

Also the woman always knows the child is hers while a man kinda has to take the woman on her word.

• Considering that women have all the rights that men do, but men have no reproductive rights (including not even being able to demand a paternity test) - it is objectively a yes.

Subjectively I also think there are way more instances favouring women than there are ones that favour men.

• Yet all laws are voted by a majority of male Representatives: en.wikipedia.org/.../Women_in_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

• Which are voted into place by a majority female vote.

• There is nothing preventing women from running except for the women themselves.

• @Anpu23 Try to run without financial sponsoring (PACS).

• There are legal rights that are denied men in the US, further their is no doubt that men are treated more roughly by the legal system in both family/civil and criminal law. There are less social resources for men, and there is some evidence that shows less right to medical attention (In the US a man would be hard pressed to get a vasectomy without his wife's approval). Further most people in the US believe, contrary to fact, that men are less likely to be victims of rape and domestic violence, and there is little or no resources for those victims. For a start. If you need further information I can certainly point you in the right direction.

• Yes, it has changed and men are the ones that have less rights than women. This is not only in the US though but world wide.

• Most of these rights are societal anyway... it would be hard to get technical or official on it... especially the societal rights... but if you look around, its pretty clear.

• Less? No. It'd be almost impossible to measure it anyway.

I think society has its way of treating both genders with injustice and inequality under different circumstances.

Women have the wage gap, and have a hard time holding high ranking jobs. Men on the other hand have very few parental rights.

We are both struggling in different fields. The only difference is that women's struggles get more attention and support.

• Its a fact yes, been that way for quite a while too, but not just in the u. s. Its pretty crazy really when really look into it all. How favoured woman are and how much benefits they really have.

• Yes. Medical leave for a new baby often does not exist for men but it exists for women.

• There's no "believe" about it. Yes, that is a fact.

The right to opt out of parenthood after conception
    The right to bodily integrity
    The right to bodily autonomy

... to name a few. I'd love to hear one legal right going the other way.

• yes.

why does the women take half?

why does she get less time for the same crime?

why are women placed first as if theyre like children.

if a women accepts she's not like a man, we'd treat her accordingly but when she accepts this, she has to give repsect and appreciate the man.

feminists or girls taht are rude and pverbearing towards men, let them have true equality. theyd hate it.

• i would say it is about equal now, but i think soon we will start loosing rights

• they have one less right. they have no say in abortion. therefore they have less rights xD

• No
    filler

• Yes they are like slaves to women

• As far a s legally no , but socially yes.

• no. lol.

• ye we need to put women back in their place ;)

• I'm not sure if that would be the case. But to make one thing clear, women are in no oppressed in the USA.

• yes of course they do. thats a matriarchy we have here.

• Probably near about the same if not less in certain circumstances.

What Girls Said 4

• noo!

• No, it's basically equally crappy to be either sex.

• No. I don't think that's true. Do they get the shit end of the deal on particular issues? Yeah. But overall, no not less.

• That's not true at all