Why is being labeled cute more positive for a girl than it is for a girl?

for a guy sry hahaha

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• It's just ego. Guys like to believe we're handsome or hot to every girl we come across, when the reality simply isn't true and it hurts the ego of those who can't figure out that simple piece of logic. They can't handle anything as feminine as being called 'cute', so they put a negative label on the word.

The ones that have matured past this phase know that the words alone mean next to nothing in terms of your chances with the girl.

• well said :P
      I don t think cute has feminine connotations like everyone is implying lol
      it s not like pretty.

• Because for a guy it is often seen as he is soft, not manly, could not protect his woman when needed etc etc. That is how it is seen when it is used for men.

• girls appreciate it more than guys I suppose, but it might be different for all girls, because I could tell @cinderelli that her smile keeps me delighted in her presence, and she's just chillin ;)

• It seems like girls use cute as synonymous with hot or handsome or just generally don't see as much cuteness in guys, nor appreciate it as much as guys see it and like it in girls.

I think girls associate cute with something more platonic and isn't as powerful as what guys see in cute girls.

I'd really like to be called cute, it's the adjective I want to aim for. But my only issue is that girls thinking I'm cute might not be anywhere near as good as being called hot/sexy. Partly because I see questions on here all the time from girls complaining about being called cute, seeing it as inferior to sexy/hot, leading me to believe girls don't value "cute" all that highly. Although I think in the mind of most guys cute is god tier. :3

• clarify one more time...

• lol check the update

• i did... still confusing.
      cute to a guy is a positive I think, makes us feel good... shy of handsome. Its at least positive and anthying positive in our brain is translated (she wants me):)

cute to girl... who puts hours into makeup, hair, nails, eye lashes (the list goes on forever right), is kinda a let down...

• I guess it's because guys like girls to be sweet and a cute look makes us assume the girl is sweet :D
    So maybe the trick is to look cute but actually be Rambo girl hahahaha 8)

• Because , you are more drunk when your are drunk.

• Because if a chick say a guy's cute then that means he's attractive but not like "I want to fuck you immediately" attractive. Just like a maaaybe. Not like "Let's hook up." In some cases it doesn't matter though.

• same thing when you say a girl is cute

• of course.
      cute is like adorable, approachable.
      hot is would bang.

• Yep. You got it lol.

• Personally, when I use the word cute for a girl, I guess it kind of means there are over things I like about her too, as opposed to just being beautiful and having looks. Anyway, it does sound different for a guy to be called cute. This might require some creative wordplay.

• A bloke being called cute would be an insult in most cases.
    Unless they're a trap waifu. In which case dawwwwww~

• dont know, i feel a little offensive when someone calls me cute and a lot of girls called me cute before. but it makes me happy too a little

• You mean more positive for a girl than for a guy, right?

I think it's because being cute is traditionally seen as a submissive, feminine trait.

• Cute implies a childish sort of look or vibe to them

• Eh I don't know and idc

• because cute is a casual comment that doesn't mean much no matter who it refers to

• exactly so it has the same effect on noth genders

• can be insulting to a guy since it's everything a man's man... is not.

• Guys aren't supposed to be cute unless they're gay.

• I'm guessing you meant 'guy' instead of 'girl'

Cute towards a girl comes off less aggressive (since we all know guys are savages when it comes to hitting on women). But cute for a guy is a little modest, he wants to hear handsome rather than cute. Much like how some women want to hear beautiful over cute.

Nevertheless cute projects a less aggressive approach to an already aggressive market of men parading around women to get their attention

• he can just say she s beautiful. that s not aggressive.
      and you can say a beautiful guy too.
      either ways, cute just means less than pretty/handsome for both genders.

• makes sense.
      for me cute is more approachable, adorable and pleasant to be around with.
      qualities that fit both genders.
      but hey, a word or here an adjective can have different connotations depending on the person and context.
      so cheers :P

• Yea I think that's a good way of looking at it. Its less to do with feminine/masculine but more to do with approachable, adorable and pleasant to be around (like you mentioned)

You nailed it :)

• you would only ever get called perfect :)

• I think you'll need to rephrase that question

• Cute for guys is perfectly OK.. till they are 2.

• Ahahahah failed ;P

• "for a girl than it is for a girl?"
      Hurry go anon to hide from embarassment! xD

• I like that 😘

And to answer the question. Cute is more a femine word like someone is soft or more fragile but in a good way. Its better a female be called cute and a man be called something that makes him sound more masculine.

• the thing is I don t see cute as a feminine trait.
      for me someone who is cute is someone who is adorable, approachable and pleasant to look at and be around with.
      which qualifies to both genders

• A guy wants to be praised for his strength and overall manliness, as courage for example. Cute sounds more something you would say talking about a baby or something that is actually "cute" not a man. As far as women are concerned, I'm not sure why

• I get taken aback when im called cute. I like it so

• Cute ladies are obviously friendlier. ;).

• Some guys think a girl calling him anything besides "hot" and "sexy", means 'she isn't gonna fuck me '

• On your update i can't understand... its more positive for a guy or for the girl?

• for a girl

• like 90% when i girl say too a guy he is cute he is already friendzoned... so that's why. when a guy say a girl she is cute its like saying she is "dateble material " like worth of being a girlfriend not just a one night stand or something liek that

• okii thanks for answering ^^

• update still doesn't help. which girl do i replace the guy with

• it s more positive for a girl than it is for a guy

• "Why is being labeled cute more positive for a girl than it is for a girl?"
    The way you worded your question, the answer will never be known

• i don't give a fuck what women thing anymore

What Girls Said 7

• I think you made a mistake babe.,. but I get it,.. I think guys don't like to be called cute and pretty cuz those are perceived as feminine traits.. I don't think like that tho.. e. g @BertMacklinFBI has a PRETTY PRETTY smile.. even tho he doesn't like me telling him that.. but it is what it is.. :P

• because cute is feminine which is good for girls but isn't masculine which is bad for guys? did i get it right?

• I suppose guys think it's less masculine & would prefer to be called handsome or something. But whenever I've called a guy cute, it was never a bad thing. I think handsome guys can still be cute in some ways.

• Guys seem to think of it as something girlish but really it just means good looking or charming, when us girls say it.

• Thought it was about the same.
    Call guys cute all the time.

• I think guys don't want to seem cute because they fear the friend zone.

• Your question makes no sense.

• hahaha my bad xD
      check the update although it is pretty obvious what I meant