Why do some people think theyre smarter than everyone else?

Im honestly so sick of seeing this. Its like some people go on a damn ego trip and try to prove themselves whilst tearing someone else down.

To make this clear, im referring to individuals who hold a very high opinion of themselves and feel superior to others (whilst being of average intelligence). Im not saying others aren't smarter or more capable than other people- not at all. Im just saying that even if you're smarter than someone never are you superior to them as an individual. I just think people can be so damn narcissistic at times. /End rant

Most Helpful Guy

• some people just like to feel superior to ever one else around them. but what they dont understand is that there ego is what makes them weak. because they are not open to other ideas

What Guys Said 15

• They probably suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and require psychiatric help.

• Yeah i think its that. Like they hold to high of an opinion of themselves when in reality theyre such dicks

• I realize i didn't phrase this as well as i could have. I am perfectly happy to admit i know plenty of people who are smarter than me (meaning they have learned more than i have). But it doesn't meant they are better than me. I honestly believe everyones equal, however not everyone is capable. For example, i could learn everything joe knows therefore joe isn't smarter than me; joe has just had more hand on practice with x.

• Yeah, I agree with what you said here!

• because they need to boost their self-esteem.

• I do so purely as pragmatism demands it. Though I do try and maintain the proper sense of humility.

• Some people truly are, but if they are doing it just to make others look bad or boost themselves, they are just obnoxious.

• "Why do some people think theyre smarter than everyone else?"

Because I just am.

• tearing others down isn´t smart. tearing down a stupid argument is fine. though people who made that stupid argument (i don´t assume they´re stupid) take personal offense instead of defending the argument. they take it on a peronal level every time, which i think is worse than people who think they are smart.

• Because it's normally difficult to admit that they're wrong.

• Probably because they are afraid of being taken advantage of and they think being smarter is going to keep themselves from such. Granted, most of the time that works. But even smart people have their moments.

• The more interesting question is , why do you think they are not? You realize you are not being any different from them by saying this right?
    (Damn I am smart..)

• I've stated my reasoning in previous opinions i still believe that even if someone is smarter than someone, they are never superior to them. Thats the point im trying to make. And i was mostly referring to narcissits.

• Because they are smart?

I love people who know things and can prove it. So I can learn from them.

I hate people who don't have room to put their ego down to learn from someone else.

You're mentality is the weak type in my opinion. Hating and egotistical. If you're wrng admit it and let the truth overide you. This is my opinion on it.

• Thats a joke. I love learning and i will happily admit that i know several people who are smarter than me. Im just saying it is completely unnecessary to be a dick and insult someone if they dont know something you do. Yes, prove the point but dont do it while insulting someone.

My mindset isn't weak, i can honestly put down my ego or leave it home and learn from someone else

• Afterall, those that are smarter than someone else have actually just learned whatever it is theyre talking about before the other person. Theyre not actually better than the other person, they just have more knowledge.

• Ok I m glad you added that in the first last half of thw paragraph.

With what we're given on your question, I thin it's ignorant and bias for all these guys to just take your side. I ask questions to make sure I m not bias etc.

Thabks for filling in! No you're fine.

• Who would do such a thing? I cannot fathom the notion that some people get but then again... they're not as smart as me, so I can't blame 'em.

• cause there stupid
    a person can have knowledge but being smarter I doubt it

• cause people are conceited in nature

• Human nature is often showing that many think they are superior in many ways. Let it go. The ones that try the hardest are the ones that are the most insecure.

• some people are smarter Just learn to accept you aren't the one who's smarter than everyone else.

What Girls Said 2

• They're*

JUST KIDDING.

But that's just how some people are unfortunately. They have to put other people down to bring themselves up.

• I know right? I'm smarter than them all. #savage