Do I have to be home if I am having repair work done?

I have a lot to do today but my mom also scheduled for a water heater to be installed today. I am the only one who is home.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but be very aloof and suspicious. If you are home alone it. can be. very scary especially when a stranger like that has to come inside your. house to make repairs

Most Helpful Girl

• I am quite sure, @Ginnyweasley, Much like the Cable Guy, Someone Needs to Be... Home.
    They usually will tell you that someone needs to Sign Something, or Whatever else with even a Bill, and they will Not go inside your Home without someone Being... Home.
    Whatever you have to do, Try and arrange your own Schedule to help Mom, Who apparently believes you will be there to Lend a Helping Hand today.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence, and I am quite Confident that all went well, I can tell. xxoo

What Guys Said 10

• if both of you are gone, how would he enter your house. You gonna leave a key for him, just wait for all your stuff to be gone.

Yeah, you should be home and basically watching him. Not sure if they get charged by hour or unit. You know how a lot of labour workers tend to take 1 hour breaks every 2 hours.

• Yes you can't leave a stranger in your house alone

• i don't wait around for these kinda guys anymore.

apt manager let's em in and that's that.. there's nothin they could steal which would bother me... if i noticed it was gone.

ok i lied, if they stole my couch i'd be irked.

• I would never allow a stranger to be alone in my house. Period. I dont even let my land lord be alone in my house. Be careful. I can understanding having a lot to do today, but the safety of your home is paramount.

• That'll probably take 3 or 4 hours. depends on if its a tankless or if its a tank one and if they have to hook up the gas line or not

• Yes

My mom had a doctor visit when the fridge repairman was here

I had to stay and talk to him and tell him what was wrong. Apparently if no one is there they leave

• Damn. I was hoping to get stuff done today. I guess I will call my boss and talk to her.

• Yeah, I think it's like a legal thing if you are there when they are they do the job if not they could get accused of stealing and What not

• Necessarily Yes and No.
    Water heater, Yes.
    Depending on if you know the worker or not. I have pretty much a full line of people that I know do my house repair. I just text them where the key is and I pay for the parts and very small % of labor.

• That is a stupid question. Of course you should leave a complete stranger in your house.

• It's better if you are.

I was in trades before.

• mr perfect was an alltime legend in wwf

What Girls Said 4

• I have left repairmen at the house before and ran errands, but that is only because the family I work for trusts them to stay without someone being home. In most cases, I would suggest staying in the house, especially since they may have questions.

• Yes, you do

• Probably, other wise they would leave.

• Um what