What to do when parents don't approve?

I met this guy online about 2 months ago, we talk every single day, on Skype and on facebook. He is 28, I am 21, I am in the U. S., he is in India. I told my Mom we are friends and she knows I talk to him, then today, she walked in the room when I was on Skype with him, I told him goodbye, and then my Mom said to me, "I don't like you talking to this guy, it's weird that someone 7 years older would want to talk to you, you better not be dating him, and I know he isn't Christian, you can't date him." I did not tell my Mom that he isn't Christian, but yes, he is Hindu. What should I do?

I have not sexted with him, nothing innapropriate in our conversations.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are a legal adult, just date whoever you wish!

On a side note.. I find it REALLY hard to believe that a girl from the US can like an Indian man! My goodness! Aren't Indian men the least attractive to women all over the world? I'm an Indian man too, and as far as I know we are not wanted by ANYONE.

• Hahaha XD He is very sweet, and I love his accent. I am not like most American girls? hahaha

• """ I find it REALLY hard to believe that a girl from the US can like an Indian man!""

^^ WTF I don't like this !!
      I don't know man, I just dont like you talking on behalf of all Indians as if almost everyone here looks like you. That's just stupid.

• @Tombstone1000100

Firstly, I am under no obligation to please you with what I say, and if you don't 'like' my words, I can't help it.
      Secondly, you are just being delusional. A few guys like yourself, who don't look completely Indian, may not realise the kind of hate Indian men get everywhere. I didn't make that up, just have a look at these, Indian men are having so many issues. The hate for them is all over the internet:-

www.quora.com/Why-do-women-in-general-hate-Indian-men-so-much

www.reddit.com/.../

www.topix.com/.../TFDQ1P6LUIH28LM9F

ww.itimes.com/.../ten-things-i-hate-about-indian-men

www.theindiansabroad.com/.../

www.the-nri.com/.../asian-girls-and-white-guys

I think that is enough proof of why Indian men (those who also look Indian, that is) are just not wanted or desired ANYWHERE.

Most Helpful Girl

• What? That's the common age difference between a man and a woman usually. Rarely do men date women the exact age as themselves.
    He's only seven years older , that's nothing to blink over. I could see if you were 15 and he was 22 but as adults , it's nothing.
    Also, you are a grown woman how do you feel about dating someone a different religion? You'll eventually move out and fly on our own , there will be things you do that your parents don't approve of. You have to live for you.

What Guys Said 13

• Being an Indian guy myself.. It makes me glad that there are still people out there who don't hate us blindly. On a side note though.. Indian men have been known to lure foreign women into marriages to get citizenships and then leave them. I am not saying that he's like that.. but you better not let yourself get carried away. And on a side note.. Hindus are religiously tolerant.. you won't have religious problems ever :)

• He doesn't want to come to the U. S., he wants me to come to India and dreams of building a "wooden house" in Shimla, he talks about it all of the time. He says he dreams that I will be there too.

• That's really cool then. Shimla is a very nice place.. you'll not feel being away from home :P

• You are 21. Your mom has literally no right what so ever to but in on your relationships what so ever. If she doesn't like it she can well i dont want to say that here.

• I am Hindu... so the way happened to you will happen to him... means his mom , dad, family everyone will be against you... may be your family agree but for his family it would be very difficult ( in most of cases )... now both of you have to decide what to do... what are your preferences family or love... first ask him did his family will accept you.. than go for further decisions.. all the best for both of you

• It's ok to have Internet friends. I know a couple girls and guys from all over the world and we video chat on Skype all the time

• Honestly, if you don't mind it doesn't matter in my opinion. If he's a good guy, and you accept him for who he is, and he does the same for you, SCREW HER JUST DO ITTTTTT! No don't actually screw your mom, but just do it anyway. You're 21 ^-^

• Don't worry. Some American will get laid-off from his job and your Indian boyfriend will come to America on an H1-B visa and replace that American at that job. Love always finds a way.

• hahaha, I'll have to wait until my Mom dies.

• Just do what you feel right is 😊

• first off, is he open to christian beliefs?

• He says he doesn't mind any religion.

• see if he isn't interested in learning. you're mother is not wrong to be cautious, the one he might be, but don't make the mistake of putting him before god... like i did.

• I listen to them

• Your mom doesn't get to decide who you date to bad for her! It's a little odd cause he is so far away if you aren't making plans to meet at some point though you are setting yourself up to hurt in the long run. 7 years is a bit of a gap but not that crazy really, she doesn't know him maybe tell her something she would like about him or introduce her one of these days

• listen to your mom

• Those Indians will probably post your pics/video on a porn site... dump him... don't trust those guys

• I haven't sent anything inappropriate. He hasn't asked for anything inappropriate either, he is a math teacher at a college. I know he isn't lying, I have seen proof of everything.

• You are an adult.. what she says doesn't matter. by the way those Indian guys are all pervs.. they just wanna camsex with you.. no love involved.. be careful.. or your videos WILL end up on a porn site.

• I never had camsex with him. He legitimately never has asked for anything inappropriate, and we legitimately just talk to each other, unlike my American ex boyfriend, he only wanted that from me, this guy is different. First guy I ever met that liked me for me, and for conversations about normal life.

What Girls Said 2

• One word, green card. I'm half-joking. But be careful meeting people online, some woman was killed recently by a guy she met online. It's bad enough you gotta be careful meeting people in person, I'd be even more hesitant about the Internet. Also some people in those cultures are strict about their children being with people that they haven't approved of. I've heard many stories about people getting killed over it. Sorry to be so negative but your mom has a right to be concerned. His family may not accept you not being Hindu also. Just remember that she loves you. Please be careful. 😊

• He is converting to Christianity. He doesn't get along with his Dad already.

• I agree with your mom