Am I the only one who can't stand Meghan Trainor?

I can't stand the sound of her songs, the lyrics/meanings of her songs, her voice. Ugh I don't want to use the word hate, so I really really really dislike her

• I love her
  • I like her
  • I don't know her/No opinion
  • I don't like her
  • Can't stand her
I never really liked her and this one time she went "I tried to be anorexic once but it wasn't for me"
You can't TRY to be anorexic... anorexia isn't a diet. Are you kidding me. That pissed me off
That made me like her even less ^

Most Helpful Girl

• Became revolted by her when all about that bass came out. I can't help it that my metabolism is fast all through middle school, I wanted to be curvy I am slowly learning to love myself. That song absolutely was not about body acceptance. I hate her songs, dear future husband and your lips are moving so very, very degrading to men and show how entitled she is.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't stand her either. she's not a particularly gifted singer, her lyrics are mediocre, and she's not really attractive either. I guess in a way she's inspiration to all of the mediocre girls in the world.

I mainly dislike her for her lyrics tho. "All about that base" condescendingly bashes skinny girls. "Dear future husband" is essentially a famale entitlement song about all the things guys should to to prove their worth and win the honor of marrying her =.=

Then there is her latest song which I can't really explain why it irritates me but it does...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTAUr3Nm6I

I guess its just how arrogant she sounds. Like there is nothing wrong with rejecting guys but she sounds so full of herself like she's this super hot girl who has guys throwing themselves at her 24/7 =.=

• Then there was lips are moving and I feel like that song was about how all men do is lie

What Girls Said 20

• I don't really like her. I like that she's done songs that make bigger girls feel good but at the same time, the song was like 'it's cool if you're bigger, boys like that' instead of 'it's cool if you're bigger as long as you like it', y'know? Maybe it's me being petty, but I dislike that, and her anorexia comment was ridiculous.

• I dont like her or her songs, all about the bass promotes unhealthy weight to me seeing that she's overweight and not even average weight... Like you're famouse now, get help, or something :/ I have 2 friends that are really overweight an they LOVE the song and they bitched at me for getting healthy food once x (

• I'm sorry if I can't gain weight due to a high metabolism... smh.
    Her song used to make me cry at night, because everyone at school started adding 'skinny bitch' to the long list of insults they used to taunt at me about my weight.

• 😤 That's really immature and cruel of them. I can relate with you (I'm 6' 2 and 133lbs) but you've just got to ignore anyone who bothers you and find people in life who appreciate who you are. I'm sure you're beautiful, and if you even are feeling down just know that there is a lot more to life then your body type, and nobody deserves to tease you like that. I really hope you have a great weekend, and an equally great rest of the school year. 😊👍🏼

• Anytime 😊

• hm I'm pretty neutral on her. I do like her song 'no', for the melody/music if not necessarily the lyrics. Her others are a little too bubblegum-pop (ish?) for me, I'll like them the first few times I hear them but they get annoying really quick.

Don't really know much about her as a person so can't judge there

• I don't like her because she sang a song where she basically shamed all of us "skinny bitches" and then insisted it was about body acceptance.

• Someone's jealous...

• @Scrimshaw Assuming you're talking about Meghan Trainors body, why would anyone be jealous. she's not even thick or curvy, she's just straight up overweight

• I agree with you soo much. I hate how she just assumes all skinny girls are "anorexic". Not all skinny girls are anorexic, just like not all fat girls are lazy! She cloaks body shaming in the guise of "body acceptance"

• You hate her because she is a confident, creative and successful woman that is vocal about not being men's property? I get it now.

• That's not why she doesn't like her. If what you said about Meghan was all there was to know about her, I'd love the hell out of her. But... you may be missing out on a huge part of Meghan Trainor's character.

• Body shaming. Her songs act as of they are promoting positive body image but really are just shaming skinny girls and calling them anorexic. I myself am skinny and I'm not anorexic and therefore find it very offensive and presumptious. When I was younger I was often accused of being anorexic and made fun of for being so skinny. Not all skinny girls are anorexic like how not all fat girls are lazy. I know people who, since the song, have begun to be called "skinny bitches" and it's not okay.

• @electrikrainb0w OMG. You are so right. I am really sorry. 😨😱 I am skinny myself and I am also constantly bullied because of that. You know, I grew up in the 2000s when it was popular to be skinny/slender. Every pop star was like that. I was chubby at the time and I couldn't wait to grow up and to loose weight, wich I did, in a healthy way (working out, healthy food). I have achieved looks-wise what I have wanted for 15 years.

And know is "popular" to be big, like the Kardashians. So, people are saying that I have a body of a 10 year old boy, but, honestly, IDGAF, because I look now the way I have always wanted to look and I have fullfilled my own criteria of being beatiful, so I don't care what people say, I would NEVER want to be like that Trainor girls or the Kardashians.

Seriously, thank you for opening my eyes. Meghan is so insecure about herself that she puts down those who really look great. Cheers!

• No opinion!

• I dont mind her, but she kind of contradicted her lyrics to her physique. In her lyrics she says "dont worry about your size" and then she goes on losing weight in real life... its like, what are you trying to say? she's sending the wrong message to her fans.

• She acts like she promotes positive body image but all she really does is put down skinny girls and call them all anorexic. I find it quite offensive and presumptuous.

• Her mainstream stuff is hit and miss. The majority of the songs on her albums are simplistic but good. Overall she's a good artist with a few big hits and big misses

• I hate the messages in her songs "skinny women are fake bitches" "hey sucker I eventually marry, I'm a gold digger and high mantinence"'

• I can't stand her either and what she sings about.

• I like her but I'm not crazy about her. I definitely would not waste my time asking a question about her

• she's alright, i didn't like her popular songs but i do like the new one "no"

• I dislike her songs.

• Me too I dislike her. I don't like her songs and lyrics. 😐

• She's okay

• I can't stand her either. I thought I was alone here.

• I don't like her

• She's hot and love that jacket on her.

What Guys Said 16

• Her song Dear Future Husband is an exercise in gynocentric narcissism that should serve as a warning to young men about female nature.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ego6wOzsg

• "I thought this song was supposed to be bout loving you for you, then why are you basing your self worth off of pleasing dudes?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xXEaWz5Iw

• I voted "F" for better than Adele!

• I can't stand her either. Like I have friends that write better songs and sing better than her lol, literally they are more talented. Life is just not fair i guess

• I hate... hate... hate... hate... HATE Dear Future Husband!

• I can't stand. her she's one of. my sister's favorite singers along with one direction and all that garbage

• She claims to be attractive but she's really not, she's got an annoying voice, I hate her songs, and she sounds picky af in her songs

• I don't understand how she is hate-able.

• I'd bang her

Otherwise, I have no opinion

• I think her voice is annoying. But I do love this Jazz remix a lot!
    http://youtu.be/iyTTX6Wlf1Y

• I don't really care about her.

• She's hot but Ashley Benson is hotter.

• Fatso - - - --

• Can't stand her either.

• i hate that fat bitch

• I can't stand her music