Feel guilty for being an introvert?

I am not sure what I am.

I grew up as an introvert, I enjoyed everything, I was happy being one, relaxing doing my own thing.

As I started my career, I felt like I needed to be more extroverted, so I started talking to people, going out, had my heart destroyed by a girl, I came out of my little shell.

Now the problem is, I don't enjoy being an extrovert, but I find it difficult to be my old introverted self.

I find it hard to relax, I feel guilty when I am reading or watching a movie, I feel uncomfortable, I feel I should be out mingling or something instead of just relaxing.

But I want to relax, and then I feel guilty for not relaxing.

What is going on here?

This is the best I could explain it, maybe some of you understand what I am trying to say :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Anxiety... big change in little time

• Yes, Maybe I still have anxiety.

It was a huge shock going from a retail job and school to a career.

I know I had tons of anxiety when I started, and maybe I still have anxiety in my system!

• Could be a possibility there's nothing wrong asking a doctors opinion as well!!

What Girls Said 1

• It's FOMO. You feel like you need to be out and doing something all the time or you might be missing out on something or not doing something you need to be. Start taking time for yourself, it's hard to get back to it but it really just takes time. You'll realize that you don't miss out on THAT much, and the things you do, don't really matter that much in the long run either. Sometimes people need alone time.

• Yes, it might be FOMO as well.

I am an introvert, so I feel like I missing out a lot! But when I do go out, its so lame and boring.

• So remember that! Go out to special occasions if you can really think of a benefit for you being there. If you can't other than you MIGHT miss something, then maybe you can skip that one every so often

What Guys Said 0