How do couples deal with flatulence?

I just started spending more time at my boyfriend's house and now I'm faced with a problem: for the life of me, I can't fart there. Sometimes I get so full of gas that it hurts. I try to do it in the bathroom but it either won't come out or I'll make noise and get supper embarrassed. The house is really small so I can't really escape anywhere and do it without him hearing it. I wonder how I will cope when we move in together! How do you do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, once you've been living with another person for some time, you stop caring. I've now been dating my girlfriend for 5 1/2 years and living together for almost 3 years. One thing I learned is that while all this intimacy can be a little embarrassing sometimes, it can also be very beautiful in its naturalness. A few hundred years ago, people used to live much more naturally in some respects. A family would share just one or maybe two rooms; you'd watch your family members sleep and eat and pee and poop and have sex and all the other things people do on a regular basis. Nowadays, we have established these strange boundaries with extra rooms and extra walls and perfumes and all these other things. I'm not saying that's generally a bad thing. But there's also beauty in this primeval, archaic, naturalness of living, where you know what your partner's farts sound like and what time he/she likes to poop and all those other little things. It feels great to be able to let yourself go when you're together with that one, special person. It feels like a rock falling of your shoulders. And you also realize that it's not as embarrassing as you used to believe it is. Because you hear your partner farting and burping too, you see him go to the toilet (some couples also use the toilet in front of each other), you see him naked and you realize this is just what human beings do. Eventually, we're all just animals. We're not some kind of sterile robots. So why pretend to be something you're not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way. He always tells me not to worry about it but I just can't do it in front of him. Run the faucet, wait until he goes to the bathroom, wait until he goes into a room and shuts the door. Trick him into leaving (I'll ask him to walk the dogs or go get something from my car).

What Guys Said 4

• You just let one rip in front of them and laugh it off. If he's old enough to have his own house he's old enough to deal with a girl farting.

• Well, the problem isn't him, I'm sure he'd be more than ok with it. The problem is that I can't bring myself to do it -_-

• Well if he's not the problem, just close your eyes and try it once and you'll find it easy after that. I don't know how much "advice" one can give on this subject, haha xD.

• Inappropriate World War jokes

• I look deviously and say, "Oh no!" then it happens.

• Hold them in all day, and at night they'll be "midnight whispers", and he'll never call you on it lest you accuse him of watching you in your sleep like a creep

What Girls Said 1

• Words can not express how funny this question is