Why do people limit themselves over their age?

I've never understood why people limit themselves and what they do and don't do based around their age.

Do they not see how ridiculous it is to not partake in things that society deems 'too immature' at their age? It's like people who are in their mid 20's thinking they're geezers and mock other 20 year olds for doing things like skateboarding, rollerblading, being in bands, etc. or not adopting a more 'mature' dress style.

These are the type of people that think because they turned 30 they need to have a wife, mortgage, and only partake in social activities like weekend golf, country clubs (lol), and boring ass dinner parties. The type of people who think "I'm 50 now, and even though newsie hats weren't popular during my time period I should still wear them and knee high socks because that's what old people do".

I just don't get it.. why are people so afraid to be themselves and let others be themselves?

What Girls Said 2

• im not. m going to skip run climb trees wear combat boots with short dresses walk on my hands dye my hair purple or blue or green or whatever, ride my kick scooter, sleep under the stars, continue pasting stock on maps to my wall (i read past a certain age you're too old not to frame things. but i like being able to touch stuff, i don't like the cold feeling of framing as if everything is suspended in dead air.) bring my puppy with me anywhere he wants to go (i read you can't take your do with you after a certain age) till im ready to go to other side.

there's a lot i didn't do as a kid bc i thought basically everything you can think to do was immature. im surprised i managed anything at all. so im making up for lost time and im going to take all the time want to do all the things i want. which im quite sure will not involve boring ass dinner parties and golf;p kind of like knee socks with certain skirts though;) whats a newsie hat?

• Society expectations

What Guys Said 1

• They're scared of what others would think of them