Why does my iPhone 5c not charge?

Have had my iPhone 5c around a year. It won't charge now unless a weight is put on the end of the cable that is connected to the phone. I assumed the cable was faulty, so I bought another cable but I am hvaing the same problem. And yes I have tried blowing dust out of the phone's connector port

Any ideas?

I am charging using the PC. So I'm not using the adaptor

Most Helpful Girl

• what about the adaptor? sometimes that's the problem. my sister had a situation like that where the cable was fine but when we changed adaptors, it worked.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not enough to blow the dust out of the charging port. There's some serious lint up in there. What you need to do is take a toothpick and carefully look in there and scrape out the lint. I've had this problem twice in the last year and a half and there's always more lint in there than I thought. Use a flashlight or very bright light to see in there, you have to dig real good. Also once you've scraped out the lint, take a Q-tip and twist out the end to make it pointy, then dip that in some rubbing alcohol (NOT water because that damages electronics) and just wipe the inside to give it a good cleaning. Then let it dry for like 10 min and try it.

What Girls Said 2

• Try using the adaptor? Might be something wrong with the connection between your pc and the phone. Or there's more dust in the connector port than you think. Or there's something wrong with the entire battery of your phone.

• Have you ever dropped it? The inside of the phone could be jarred. Take to Apple get a new one.

What Guys Said 4

• Poor connection. Either you need a new charger or the plug on your iPhone is faulty. Just because you blew the dust out of the phone's connector port does not mean that the connector port is not faulty.

• Probably a faulty connection between the connector in the phone and the rest of the phone.

• Either it's the problem with the cable or the the charging port on your iPhone...
    Better pray it's the cable :-D

• because batteries have a finite amount of charge cycles.

• PC ports can provide 500mA of current. you need to "trust" this computer before it'll charge.