Im very embarrassed about my past, how can I move on from the regrets and shame I feel?

Throughout high school, I was a heavy drinker and made a lot of mistakes. I've matured and changed and now i don't drink, i prefer reading a book, going to the park, walking in the park, etc. however, i feel really ashamed about my past and the person I used to be. how can i move on from the regrets of my actions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just divert your mind
    Enjoy with friends
    Be awesome girl 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• The past is who you were. The present is who you are now.

We all make mistakes , and have regrets. It's what you learn from them that counts. Your past has defined you into the person you have become now. If you like the person who you are now, then accept that if it wasn't for your past, you could have become someone who you don't like right now.

You can't undo what's happened, so if you focus on you past mistakes you will became bitter , and it'll prevent you from having a happy future. Appreciate how you were strong enough to get way from the lifestyle you were living , That's not easy to do.

Don't allow you past mistakes to destroy your inner peace

What Guys Said 1

• Stop giving a fuck about it?
    Everyone's done stuff their not proud about even me. But that's what comes with age/wisdom. Learn from it and move on.

What Girls Said 3

• Accept that it was a part of your past that made you who you are now, and that does not reflect your current state. Everyone grows up eventually so instead you should focus on where you are now and the improvements you've made to yourself and your life. Look at it as not, "this is my past", but with an added "this is my past, look how far I've come now." and be proud of who you are now.

• So am I but all i can do is keep going!

• Also you haven't matured at all if you still think about your past!

• its easy to ask forgiveness from others, the really hard one is to forgive yourself. forgive yourself. itll make life 99% easier :)