Does anyone one know how to stretch a blazer?

The blazer I have is tight around my arms. I don't know what to do. I need to wear it on wensday!

Most Helpful Guy

• Most tailors can let it out for you if the material is present in the arms. If not pick up a new one, or try a thrift store. They have some nice things in there if you are not opposed to buying used.

• Oh true I might do that if I get the job! I don't have that much work clothes!

• well I'll let everyone on gag know how I embarssed myself haha!

• Well if you can take embarrassment that well you can do anything!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I could shrink it for you as for stretching it I don't think it is even possible.

What Guys Said 5

• You can't really, the lining prevents it.

• Sadly @cosytoasty is right apple.
      Just gotta grin and bear it.
      You can do this apple

• Yeah grin and bear it, if you get lucky and it's hot you can ask (important to show respect) to take it off when you sit down with the interviewer.

If you need the blazer for actually working the job after, i'd buy a properly fitted one then.

• I know I just couldn't fine one my size that I could afford so I have an old one but my arms don't fit in well. I am guessing the dress code is different. But I want make a good impression!

• The lining and the way it is made prevent it from stretching. What's the occasion?

• job interview!

• Just wear the blazer and take it off and put it on the back of your chair or the coat rack.
      Good luck!!

• dress how you would if you got the job.

receptionist at a spa can get by without a blazer.

• i know but this is an intreview I want bring my A game

• on the fly?

• improvisation

• Return and exchange

• get a person bigger than you but not too much bigger to wear itfor a while :)

What Girls Said 6

• Try putting it in the wash, then when it's still damp, put it on. It won't feel nice to wear it, but if there is any stretch to it, it might help make it bigger.

Good luck! The good thing is you will only have to wear it for the interview, you can take it off right after! :)

• This may sound silly, but get it wet and hang it to dry with an item in the sleeve that is the size you need it to loosen up to. I've used a baseball bat before. It worked perfect for me

• Don't try to stretch it! Go to a seamstress or tailor

• Does it fit comfortably every where else?

• You can't stretch it. Its easier altering it if its a bit bigger. But you're going to have to find a cotton blend blazer with stretch in it in the near future.
    There is an AQUA brand by nordstrom (I think) made this gorgeous blue blazer.

• You can't, just buy a new one