Why do you think it is that you are, or you became an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?

Introverts tend to recharge by spending time alone. They lose energy from being around people for long periods of time, particularly large crowds.

Extroverts gain energy from other people. Extroverts actually find their energy is sapped when they spend too much time alone. They recharge by being social.

Ambiverts exhibit a balance of being both introverts and extroverts. This means that they generally enjoy being around people, but after a long time this will start to drain them. Similarly, they enjoy solitude and quiet, but not for too long. Ambiverts recharge their energy levels with a mixture of social interaction and alone time.

• I am an introvert
  • I am an extrovert
  • I am an ambivert

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a complete introvert and I am proud of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wowww! Only 2% of men are extroverts? :O haha waww..
    I gotta say I like introverted men, they are sexy and cute :) ahha and more trustworthy. But I already think GAG has a "specific" kind of men on here hehehe.. Having that said, I ws going to choose ambivert, since I am extroverted but when alone, I enjoy my solitude and being an introvert... But i realized I am happiest when I am an extrovert... Therefore, I will go for extroverted :D

What Guys Said 17

• I have given this subject a good deal of thought, I believe I became an introvert for two reasons, the first reason is when I was a child my parents divorced when I was quite young, and then my mother whom I lived with during most of my childhood liked to move around quite a bit, this had the effect of making it hard for me to make friends, as a consequence I decided (as a defense mechanism) that it would be easier for me to just not have any friends, this way I couldn't get hurt if I didn't have any friends to lose. After I made this discovery, I started to spend a good deal of my time alone, in this alone time I discovered that I could find refuge from the resulting loneliness, through reading, drawing, building models, really most any sort of solitary activity. My imagination really took off. Granted my social life dwindled away to pretty much nothing, but at least I was "safe". As I became older and less insecure, I realized that I could have friends, but my circle of friends tended to be rather small, this pattern of behavior is still to some degree with me as an adult, so while I completely have the ability to reach out and socialize often times I find myself choosing not to, for any number of reasons. Some of these reasons are good, admittedly some are not, but there you have the abbreviated history of how I turned into myself for comfort and safety.

• I don't think it's physiologically possible for someone that's an extrovert to change into an introvert and vice versa. The brains are literally wired differently.

I. e if you're brain is wired to recharge through deep conversation, small groups, :quiet etc as an introvert is... you can't suddenly wake up and decide you're going to recharge your energy the opposite way.

I'm an ambivert but lean more towards introvert. I find overly loud people obnoxious and unnecessary, i don't like slap stick humour. I over analyse everything from psychology to decisions i our others make

• Ambivert is a catch all for people that don't neatly fit in either bin... As a kid I was always social with others and made friends easily, but society stigmatizes dyslexia so with teachers and many students treating me horribly I learned to be completely independent by the time I was about 6 years old... That's the only environmental factor I could see influencing my introverted traits.

• aww im sorry to hear that! Kids are mean... But you seem to be doing really fine and well now :)

• @kat_gran It was more so that the teachers were mean. My third grade teacher as a horrific bitch... I had plenty of friends, and I lumped up any bully that came at me and that fixed that real quick. :D

• lol haha damnn okay! haha

• Ambivert tending introvert.

• Introvert. Grew up in a big family and never had privacy. Parties give me headaches because there is too much going on. Still in a large crowd where I am not involved with the hustle and bustle, I'm hard to find.

• introvert because i'm an only child raised by a single mom.. a lot of my childhood was filled w/ solo activities.

around the age of 6, i fondly remember sitting on the carpet organizing my baseball cards by #

• I think I'm introverted but not too extreme :)

• i always thought I was an extroverted person. but i stopped going to school a year ago, ever since then I haven't had any friends. and tbh I'm doing quite well on my own.

• I'm C.

• I am an ENFP but I feel more ambiverted

• Me tooo! Coool! :-) But I am happier when being an extrovert, therefore I selected extrovert... Although when I am alone, I enjoy my solitude but do tend to be happier/more active when I have contact with people. :)

• Being an introvert in my earlier years got me no friends, no fun, no anything. I decided to take it upon myself to become more social, and it's way better!

• I am an ambivert

• Honestly two years ago I never even heard of ambivert only know two people that claim to be one. Introverted for sure but I'm an only child so that's probably like most of us

• im an introvert.

• Definitely an ambivert.

• Introvert. Lookat my profile picture, that should already tell you why.

What Girls Said 13

• i am an ambivert as well~ chalk it up to my childhood, where my family and i (there are 6 of us total) lived in a 2-bedroom apartment; i had 3 siblings, so privacy was practically nonexistent.

generally speaking, i hoard my alone time. i tend to keep to myself, and i feel overwhelmed when i'm in a group (esp. those larger than 4 people) for long periods. people drain me, and i have to escape to recharge... at parties, i'm that person who'll hide in the bathroom/a closet/whatever for as long as it takes to regroup.

that said, in one-on-one or small group situations, i'm chatty and constantly cracking pervy jokes. the friends i keep are few and far between, but they are for life.

• You people don't know anything about psychology. There is no such thing as "ambiverts". That is a term created for indecisive people who are absoulutely clueless and don't even know themselves. Everybody acts like BOTH extroverts AND introverts at some point, but depending on wich one do you use more often, you are considered either "extroverts" or "introverts". https://www.16personalities.com/

• I'm ambivert. I don't like centre stage, but I'm no wallflower either. I'm reserved around some people more than others.

I love being around people, but I also need alone time too.

• I became an introvert because I have spastic diplesia and it's always been hard for me to participate physically. my friends tend to noT want to do anything with me, and everyone ends up leaving me. I prefer to be alone

• I'm not really quite sure why I am like I am, but I'm an introvert, an ISFJ to be specific.

• I blame my parents. I used to get yelled at for crying and told whatever I was sad about was foolishness then I would get yelled at when I stopped telling then what was wrong because I realized I was just going to get yelled at more. Then I got really good at faking emotions so that I would get yelled at and I was always ignored whenever I said things so I just stopped talking to people. Now I'm stuck this way :/ and mom is supposed to be a councillor. Shame on her. I feel for all her patients

• Selectively both. I can naturally be Whichever when i feel like it.

• ambivert i love people but i also like being alone for periods of time

• ambivert :)

• Both my parents were introverts so it's either upbringing or genetics.

• I'm an introvert because people make me feel like I have to be.

• I'm a human being which makes me multifaceted i can anyone one of those things on any given day, i prefer not to label myself, i'm just human doing, reacting how i feel sometimes i'm not a slave to my emotions but they play a big part. I am.

• If I spend too much time with people, I get drained. If I spend too much time alone I get depressed. I can't win