Rate this Mythological creature: The Succubus?

a demon in female form or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or even death.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like the Succubus a lot
  • 3/5 meh she's ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like the Succubus
  • 1/5 i hate Succubus
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!
@XoxoXxx @Thunderstorms @Remembermyname4 @desidoll @BuchitaBuchys @Smmyskittles

Most Helpful Girl

• Admire from a far.

The issue is that (from my knowledge) they don't have a steady partner. As much fun as sex is; who really wants to be alone at the end of their life?

Not I, Sir. Not I!

• So you wouldn't be a succubus? ;P

• Good point... :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The succumbus, jewish lore states they are the daughters of lilith mother of monsters. Scholars actually argued whether or not a succubus could get pregnant as they would technicly be not of god, or created by god so they came to the conclusion that a succubus could rape a man stealing his sperm, shape shift into a incubus (male equaivalent of a succubus) and then use the sperm of the raped man (altering it the process naturally) to then impregnate the seduced/raped woman. The resulting offspring was the cambion a half human half demon offspring that looked like a pale yet preternaturally beautiful human child but who would despite functioning no different then any other child, would not have a heart beat until the age of seven, essentially being as if they where undead. So I say its a 5.

• Thanks for the MHO! (I think these questiones of yours are single handedly raising my MHO percentage :D )

What Girls Said 22

• Sounds badass! But I've never heard of them before. So they sound pretty cool lol I wouldn't say i like them a lot or they are my favourite so I'd give them 3/5 :)

• What I never understood was, why is it succubUS (male) / succubi?

Shouldn't it be succuba / succubae?

Is the succubus actually... a shemale? O__O

• The male succubus is called Incubus just fyi

• Right, knew that. Which still leaves a girl wonderin'

In any case... As much of a... er, high sociosexuality as I have, I am definitely not a succubus/succuba. ahahah my husband's sleep issues are almost as severe and longstanding as my own... I'd never *dare* bother that man in his sleep.

Although I've been told that I've actually given head in MY sleep before. Lol. Still don't 100% know whether to believe it, although the breath don't really lie.

• (laughing) Men call me this^^^^^

• They're pretty cool but not the most interesting, so 3/5.

• I'm not ok with whole "rape you in your sleep" thing.
    I much prefer sirens. They're so beautiful they don't have to resort to rape. They just lure men in.

• They're okay. I like how Morrigan looked.

• Yesterday, my boyfriend told me I was a succubus. I like em', they have spunk.

• One of my favorites. Succubi were always fascinating.

• Have you seen lost girl? It's follows the story of a succubus and she's amazing and a total babe

• she needs to put her boobs back in her shirt lol!!1

bahhahaha they're not my fav and they're so overrated. In my opinion

• Awwwww I made it as a question today ☺ hahaha😘 how sweet?

• They are my favorite!!!

• That one is very useful to use in shin megami tensei: persona 3&4.

• Didn't even know what it was until I read the description. So 1.

• Hypersexualised/5

• my fave haha

• well lets just say it doesn't suck

• Epic

• Succubus? Wtf never heard of that

• She scares me. 2/5

• Wow, one of my favorites...

• A sex demon that flys? Wast there something like those in that van Helsing movie?

What Guys Said 14

• It isn't my favorite mythological creature, but it is one of the most interesting. It really adds variety to the other kinds of deadly creatures found in mythology. It seems like most other things are just created to be scary that you want to avoid no matter what. The succubus on the other hand is the one that men knowing the danger, would often still seek out given the chance. The succubi really capture the spirit and danger of temptation perfectly.

• Yay Succubi!! Yup, they're fun, devouring souls through the power of dat ass.

Here is my Skyrim character, Sarah the Succubus:

http://i.imgur.com/o7u0zJp.jpg

• Integral to the lore of the lead character in my DnD party. A shame I have no friends to play DnD with.

• Don't like it cause I had a sex dream with one once, while it felt good I was creeped out for a few dayss

• She can gargle my marbles

• This isn't mythology bro, these chicks exist. Luckily I'm an incubus. Only a succubus can handle me, the rest will get burnt.

• I like them, they are normally hot as hell, to bad they steal the soul of any one they sleep with

• I put I don't really like Succubus only because who really wants deterioration of health, death, or other potential downsides?

• Oh yea, now you're talking.

• I have had sex with them... lol

• it's not mythical
    but I'll go for morrigan

• Hows it not mythical?

• I did not say you specifically cursed Him or that idea, but did you even read the link you posted? My point was in response to the posted link, not what you specifically may or may not have said.

• Yes, I kind of agree. Half-knowing can be bothersome.

• Omg looks terrifying 😦

• Succubi take the form of both males and females and also seduce regardless of form anyone. It depends on the target's desires and orientation.