Do most people who like each other test each other?

And does one gender test more than the other?

Most Helpful Guy

• many people probably do but hopefully not. it's silly and unproductive

Most Helpful Girl

• if you feel the need to test your partner, you are insecure.

that said, i've had trust issues ever since i was young (likely due to my parents' messy divorce, among other factors) and, when i first started dating my now-boyfriend, i made it clear that my trust is earned, not freely given.

(the fact that he did make the effort showed me that he respected my wishes and would respect me in other ways too. in time, i did come to trust him~ in fact, i would put my life in his hands without a second thought.)

-von

What Guys Said 3

• I've done it before

i was a little bitch like that

• Yeah, I've experienced tests, usually in the form of taking liberties, I bail at that point. I don't want a girlfriend who wants to see what she can get away with.

• i have never tested anyone

What Girls Said 2

• Only immature people do in my opinion. I def went through a phase were I also played games and "tested" people and would get upset when they didn't pass a test they didn't even know they were taking, and I realized it was dumb and completely ridiculous.

• Test each other in what way?

• Like say something or do something just to see what way they'll react

• I think some couples do that, women maybe more than men