What is the postal code of the United States?

I wanna send a postcard to my friend. But i live in China and he's in westfield hamilton IN America. so whats the postal code of America? how many numbers? can u give an example?

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't as simple as that. Each town , and city has a different code. It's how the postal service directs it to the proper location. If you knew the town and state this friend lives in it would be pretty easy to find the code

• what about weatfield, hamilton county, IN?

• oh yes westfield.

• Ok if you will message me we can get this all worked out to where you will be able to mail this person your post card. For reasons of safety posting someone's address openly is not a good idea

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, my, haha. There isn't just one zip code for the entire United States. That depends entirely on where your friend lives. You listed two different places in Indiana. Westfield's zip code is 46074, and Hamilton's is 46742. You also need to know his specific house number and street that he lives on. If he resides in an apartment, you also need to know that number.

I'd get all of that information first and then send your postcard.

What Guys Said 4

• We call them zip codes. They are usually a 5 digit number, and sometimes a dash followed by a generally optional 4 digit number.

http://www.unitedstateszipcodes.org/in/

• There's like a million dude

• Westfield, Indiana 46074

• It would be the postal code of the city in the USA 46074 is Westifield Indiana's postal code.

• so just 46074 ?

• thanks:)

• u r welcome :)

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on where exactly they live.

• Yup there's only one postal code for 320.000.000 people, I'm pretty sure the last time I checked it was 666.

• Why don't you ask your friend?

• he doesn't know that.

• Hmmm... sounds suspicious to me... everyone knows their Zip code.

• @cooldude25 Agree. Even elementary school students know this and this guy doesn't...

• Ask him. It depends on his area