How do I get my computer to recognize my Creative Zen X-fi 2?

It was working just fine in the beginning. Even when I updated to Windows 10 from a Windows 7, it was still fine. I plugged it into my USB port, several times on different days, and it would not dock. It would turn on the player, but it would not charge, it only stayed on the screen that had all the introductory options on it, and it would play music. When I checked the device manger, there was no listing for my device to be found. There was a message that said the device was not recognized, but it gave me no option to fix it. I also tried "adding" the device from the settings menu, and it would not bring up the device there either. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried looking on the internet for answers, and I even screwed up my USB ports trying to fix it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try turning your computer off. Taking the card out. Rebooting. Uninstalling the drivers. Rebooting. turning your computer off reinstalling the card rebooting, and then if Windows doesn't look for the card automatically, tell it to search for new hardware.

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds like one of the dreaded updates that Win10 comes up with that screws everything up. It's well known that Win10 is effin' bad at doing that. I doubt you will find anything to fix it by searching on the net as it's such a new phenomenon.

All I can say is "Good luck"! I'll stick with Linux for on-line and XP for off-line.

• That's what I said about WIn10. For an OS that spies on you and tracks what you do, it's diabolical, and Microsoft can stick it where the sun don't shine!

• If you have a desktop computer, try the USB slots in the back of the computer. The ones at the front are usually from your computers case and prone to be damaged and then not working anymore.

• i just did, twice. it still doesn't recognize it. then i tried plugging in other devices to the front usb ports, and those worked. so i guess it must be my music player...

• Seems that way. Generally with computer issues your best bet is to do the process of elimination.

• More than likely you have a faulty Usb connection.

What Girls Said 0