Why are single mother's praised?

I've been noticing that most of the mothers I know are sluts.
I'm not speaking for all of them, some have been left with the difficulties of raising their child due to the death of their spouse, abuse, and other real reasons as to why they have to raise their child or children on their own.
But usually, that's not the case.

Examples.
One single mother I know always praises herself and how she raised two children on her own. Do you know why she was left to raise two children on her own? She slept with her significant other's brother and best friend... While pregnant with the second child. The first one's not even his. She cheated on her first child's father with the second child's father. So kudos to her.
Another mother I know doesn't want anyone to know who the father of her child is, because quite frankly, she doesn't even know who the child of her father is.
This other single mother just keeps having children with different guys. Of all different races. So she has all different races of children. None are the same father. Not one of the three.
Another single mother has children from two different fathers, and now has an Instagram full of pictures of her in lingerie because she believes she's an aspiring model. Please. Another reason just to show her sluttiness.
There are a ton of other single moms that I could mention. Because it seems like the trend is taking on more of a congratulatory lead when it shouldn't.
Again, I'm not saying that all single mothers have made bad choices. Like I mentioned before, plenty of them have no control over being left to raise a child alone because they have been put through unfortunate events. I feel as though those mothers deserve to be praised and deserve help... But the other ones. Not so much. They shouldn't feel proud. They brought the difficulties of raising children alone upon themselves. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• You said the truth here the ones you mentioned are truly sluts. And also as you put it they praise themselves. As far as society is concerned they agree with you. In the case of the mothers out there who through no fault of their own find themselves doing the job of both parents I do applaud the hard work they do

What Guys Said 5

• Most single mothers are not single mothers because of some moral wrong-doings on their part OR on their former partner's part. Most single-mothers are single-mothers for the very simple reason that they were in a relationship but things didn't work out. There doesn't always need to be some super dramatic cheating or whatever going on, we don't live in a hollywood movie. Sometimes couples simply realize after 5 or 10 or 15 years that it doesn't work anymore. They have changed or they want something different in life or they have fallen out of love etc.. That is how most relationships end, not by cheating. My parents had a phase of about 3 years where my dad moved out and lived in his own apartment and they almost got divorced. It wasn't due to some crazy affair or anything like that. They just didn't get along well anymore. They also were not pissed or bitter about each other, they simply found it hard to remain a couple. Now, I was already grown up at that time but had I been a child, my mom could have easily become a single mother without any cheating on her or my dad's part.

• This is one of those instances or situations that I tried to single out as not caused by the mother or Father's wrongdoing. This happens a lot, I was really just talking more about the women that praise themselves for deserving to be single because of their actions

• I meant cooked he nor***
      Autocorrect

• Well, I would agree that such a person doesn't deserve praise. However, you should also understand that this woman is clearly delusional and that she doesn't represent a majority of single mothers. In fact, she doesn't even represent a significant minority. I have never met such a person and while I believe they exist, I doubt there are many of her kind out there. Unfortunately, idiots exist everywhere...

• well if you're not slutty you won't become a single mother guys dont leave slutty girls to raise their kids on their own, yes it is the way you described it i've seen up close and single mothers are usually the sluttiest of sluts.

• Aha, it sounds like you need some more experience and some daughters

• @soupfairy are you trying to protect every single mother out there by throwing your situation at me? so because you're that 1% who has a good reason all single mothers are good and innocent , is that the message you're try to send? cause its not working, i am yet to see a faithful, attractive and stable wife being left by her husband for shits and giggles it doesn't happen.

• Your statement was simply if you aren't a slut you dint end up a single mom. Do you know how annoying it is to be a white collar single mom... And just because you aren't married everyone assumes you Are a strung out wellfare queen.

• People really get offended by this? Nothing but facts and opinions in this take, still people feel the need to protect these women that can't even keep their legs closed for 5 cents...

• That's what I'm saying!!!

• They are not praised by me. I actually feel sorry for them...

• Well those are the ones that shouldn't be but are, reminds of that joke about the woman who named all her kids with the same first name and if she wanted them to know who she was calling for them to answer she would just call them by their last name

What Girls Said 6

• if a man cheats the father is still responsible for the kids... so guys that just take off are still 'leaving her to raise the kids' the parents relationship never trumps the childs. when you have children you make a commitment to the child.

• Again, I mentioned that women that have no control over an unfortunate situation should be praised. So this is basically reiterating that

• It's called child support

• having a child is a HUGE responsibility.. but when it comes to single moms you can't generalize it ( i mean they are not all responsible for their situation) they are "praised" because they are here for their kids

• It sounds like you just hang around with sluts , when i think of single mothers i think of my one friend who's ex was smoking meth behind her back, or another friend of mine whos husband beat her up and she sent off to prison, or myself who got left by my Childs farther because our chip had a rare birth defect. The reason that we get respect is because we raised kids on out own while working a full time job and going to school, which is almost impossible to do. On behalf of all of us, a little bit of credit is all we get so how about you don't sully it because your only associates are trash

• I'm not sure why you're insulted by this I mentioned it that not all single mothers deserve to be single. I actually mentioned that twice. And most of these girls aren't my associates. I know them from going to school with them previously, from work, and so on.

• @asker: Even if you get government assistance, it can be very hard. Especially in the US, where government assistance oftentimes is rather pathetic. As for your case: you deserve praise. If you don't want to hear it, that is your decision. But just because of that you shouldn't have a grudge on other women who want to hear it. Also, remember that things are harder for some people and easier for others. If being a single mother is not so hard for you, that is great. But other single mothers may struggle more and that counts too. Now, hearing from all these people you know and your own situation, you seem to live in a very rough neighborhood. So there might well be some single-mothers that do a crappy job and don't deserve any respect. But I believe that 99% of single mothers do reserve respect for what they do because they're honest and hard working women.

• If you are a single mother that is doing it all on her own then you especially should understand that even if you don't want praise it would be nice to not be disrespected on the concept of what "most other people" do. We shouldn't have to explain that we didn't cheat on our husbands or have a job or don't get welfare for people to have apositive perception of our worth

• American Single Mothers make poor amount of money unless their male bosses like them and pay them a lot. Single moms work a lot and want the best for their kids like the moms with their husbands by their side.

• I know a single mother who has four children. Her husband was abusive and she left him after her fourth child. She did everything she could, went to school, and is now working as a RN in the NICU taking care of her children with no problem, making enough money to be comfortable. So not all single mothers can't work hard enough to get a good education and make good money.

• That is why single moms should be respected especially if she is your mom.

• I agree, but not if she is promiscuous and is single because of that

• i can't say that I've ever heard a single mother praised in that context. usually i hear single mothers praised by their children who feel grateful and saw the struggle.

• Maybe they're praise cause it's diffcult raising children and even more so on one's own. Not all are bad so stop making generalizations based on your own experiences. A lot of them might just be divorced or widowed.

• I mentioned that twice.