Vandalism car trouble?

>driving home 8pm after working out, super exhausted
>suddenly hear and feel the car shake rapidly just as i was taking off
>didn't think much of it until next day
>shoe marks on my bumper in dirt, and gloss is gone approximately width=2" height.5in though not showing metal=no rusting
Question is, what should i do? Get special apply it yourself paint? Approach police? Ignore?
Approach insurance? I have a deductible set at 300 for vandalism, so i doubt unless they have to replace the entire back door.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would definitely report it to the police. The best thing you can do is let them know because if there is a problem in that area they can start patrolling it more.

Maybe they will find out who did this? Then at least you know who you can go after for help with paying for repairs.

You have a few options, maybe go out and see how much it will cost to fix it. If it costs more than what you were expecting, you can try and put it through insurance. If it's less, you can always cover it yourself.

Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• Report it to the police so they know it happened.

Don't go through insurance, talk to a paint repair place or get a touch-up stick. It is not worth going through insurance and having a claim on your record (and you are held responsible for all claims where the identify of the third party is not known)

A few weeks before I was due to sell my car, a co-worker doored it by mistake. He got some kind of paint repair kit and spent a few hours furiously working away. The marks were gone by the time he was done.

What Girls Said 4

• go to the police!

• Contact police and get repair estimate. How does a foot mark make your car shake rapidly? And what does "&gt" mean?

• I can tell you how to fix it if you attach a pic.

• www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3
      Just probably gonna get something like this

• You can try that, although I don't think it will give great results.

If it doesn't work, then, look for a stamp on the plastic material -- either PP, PPO or TPE (plastics that smear), or PUR or TPUR (plastics that powder). You could also hit up the manufacturer website for this info. From there you could start another thread and I'll tell you where to go.
      This would be much more work than yr el cheapo kit from Amazon, and in all probability would require you to dismount the plastic from the fascia, but the total cost of the materials would still be way less than yr deductible.

Lmk.

• you should report it to the police and get a police report number and then ring your insurance company and give them the details and the report number.

What Guys Said 2

• If the door it's self is damaged that's one thing but that will not cause the car to shake as you described. I suggest you have your mechanic look into that for a lot more serious problems

• I think he means he felt something slam on the car?

OP, can you attach a pic somewhere here? Kinda not able to picture what's happening here sry

• www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3
      just thinking of this kit, good idea? I have polished before

• How big is the area affected?

• Definitely report to police