I need advice on horrid matter about my child?

My 2 1/2 yr old has came to me telling me that her nana makes me play with her boobies under her bra. My husband is telling me that just because I was sexually abused as a child doesn't mean that his mom is touching our child. He says that kids talk about things like this, they're pretending. I don't buy that at all. I know children at 2 years of age don't think such things if not exposed to them. I stay at home with her all day she watches nick jr and dysney jr. I watch I love Lucy which isn't innaproprate. What do you think about this? I think my daughter speaks the truth. She told me it upsets her and makes her sad. I've been extremely upset over this and am not backing down. My child's safety is my concern. Not my husband's mother's feelings or pretend feelings. Any advice would help me please.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a very difficult issue. If you remember that playschool case in California several years ago, then you know how easily children's statements can be misinterpreted and become exaggerated. I suggest you take your child to a professional and have the question investigated by a neutral professionalobserver, which you, due to your history, are not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummmmm.. ALL my children were breastfeeders so yeah they had the weird boobs thing for awhile (trying to pull down shirts, smacking at them).. BUT SHE NEEDS TO BE PUT IN HER PLACE. I WOULD ADVISE ALL 1 ON 1 TIME TO STOP IMMEDIATELY... I don't know your situation but like stated above breastfeeders it's common when your Weaning. 2 outta my 3 did TRY to mess with other people's boobs OF COURSE NORMAL PEOPLE STOP IT.. NEVER EVER OK UNDER SHIRT EVER... Also did your daughter say bra? Is that a word you commonly used around her? My 3-4 yr old only knows them by boobies shirt her words I never gave her a word I didn't need her going around talking about it like when she learned she had a vagina lol I would suggest bringing it up to Grandparent if not have the police check it out for you. I personally find it not only disgusting but very sick if grandparent (OR ANY ONE NOT BREASTFFEDING) allows this. If she is forcing her I will not put on here what I REALLY think should happen to her but we will go with JAIL...

• My child came running to me a long time ago with my bra asking what it was so I told her it was a bra that women wear I was folding laundry. I didn't know how or what to say to her she wasn't 2 yet. I never could breast feed my milk didn't come in at all so she was on the bottle. My mom in law told my child what boobies were while she was punching my baby's chest I went off but then this hapoens

• Ok understandable.
      I would not allow her to be around any of my children... I wouldn't want to be around her either because the first time ANY ONE "punched" my child I would punch THEM!!! This lady sounds like she has issues.

What Guys Said 2

• Call the police on that ho immediately. Your husband is the kind of enabling scum that allows child abuse to happen in the first place by protecting the perpetrator.

• Yea I think he's in denial

• People don't trust children enough, but they don't lie about things like that. So, I'd be wary.

What Girls Said 6

• you seem to have control. Just keep your child all the time with you.

• Yea I will fir now on she's not seeing nana alone ever again.

• It's highly unlikely that she is being coach but it's possible. Contact CPS and the police so that the matter can be investigated properly

• I don't think she's being coached, my dad is an outstanding police officer with extensive training in such matters and I know they are coaching her to say this and besides staying with my parents my child would spend some time with my husbands mom just to visit for an hour or so. We live on their property.

• Not coaching her is what I meant. Sorry I'm upset still thus went down just a few ago

• I understand. I worked at a counseling center and had to go through child protective services training for my job. I would contact them and the police immediately. Time is of the essence in cases like these. Especially with her being so young it's easy for someone to manipulate what she says.

• Definitely not okay. Something weird is going on. I 100% agree with you. A two year old would not just come up with something like that. You should tell your husband he needs to approach the issue or you will. In the meantime, do not allow her to be around your daughter alone.

• I've tried to tell him but he's so far in denial that he blames my past for what our child is saying. I'd never ever coach her into saying such horrid things. So now he's taking his moms side and has told my child and I to get out of his house. It's so upsetting. I'm just torn my child has never been exposed to sexually explicit matter.

• If he's telling you to get out, get out. Think about your child. Think about what you went through. Do you want your daughter to go through the same?

• I would be worried. I doubt that any child would imagine anything like this out of thin air. I wouldn't let the child alone with the grandma ever again and i would maybe even call the police or ask for advice from an organization about matters like this as how to proceed

• At that age they tell everything. I have a 3 year old nephew and any little thing we talk about he brings up to his mom. maybe if you don't want to start issues maybe just in a casual way mention it be like she tells me she plays with your boobs under your shirt and says it makes her feel sad and see what she says or how she acts. Kids do play pretend and make things up but like you said she's not exposed to inappropriate things so why does she know of these things. id just say something in person and see how she reacts because that will tell it all then because if she lies or acts funny you know it's true.

• Yea she's the one who told my child what boobies are in the first place! I was pissed. I've asked her she denied it

• Yes I never wanted my then not even 2 yr old what boobies were. She's denied everything my child has told me. I believe my baby. It's really sad. Really sad.

• Yeah it is :( so sorry your going through this.

• DEFINITELY a red flag. I would report that woman to authorities... thats just disgusting! Who would do that to a two year old? Your husband doesn't seem to understand the severity of it, or the possibility of it getting worse. Do something about it, definitely.