True or False: Everyone likes romance?

Doesn't have to be gooey stupid looking romantic things. Just and kind of sweet love type things. Yes I'm putting pictures from the manga as my examples because it's so damn cute!!! :P
True or False: Everyone likes romance?

• True
  • False
Men do not lie and say false just because you think romance is girly. That's wrong and anyone can like romance and it doesn't make you less of anything. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• False. not everyone can love. There are people with mental conditions who have different thoughts from you and I because of messed up signal receptors in your brain.

Everything in organic life is a form of protein to protein interaction. When a certain protein is missing or damaged due to mutation, problems will occur.

Most Helpful Girl

• wtf? "Everyone likes _________" is always false.

What Guys Said 26

• Actually romance caters to women. Its a female centric notion. Romance is about the man pampering the woman not the man being pampered by the woman. If you look at every romance genre movie/book/manga etc you will see this to be true. Thats not to say I don't have loving sentiments, I do, its just not what I would term romantic. I prefer natural sentimental things vs the over the top borderline slavish devotion that is required of romance, both in the genre and in real life. The best "romantic" movie I have seen is what dreams may come, but that really didn't feel to much like a romance to me.

• It depends for me, for instance there's some singers that sing romantic songs that are super fake and over the top, I just wanna punch them so much. And also in tv shows or movies it really depends on the actors. Some are good and some suck. If I can recommend you korean dramas they do romance super well and the actors are very good. You can watch them with subtitles online for free.
    http://kissasian.com/
    http://dramanice.eu/
    These are the sites I use :P I'll tell you some of the shows I liked the most: Healer
    Kill me Heal me
    Good Doctor
    Secret Garden
    You can also look up highly rated ones of course.

• I was reading comments somewhere, they were saying that Korean dramas turn into women going back to 1950s once they're married. I think what they were saying relationships are still traditional and women do all the stuff women would in US around 1950s (pre-feminism I guess). Maids basically.

Whats your take on it, personally for me that'll be a killer not a romantic happy ending.

• @Sekrett Well I'm not a expert but from what I've heard it's not the dramas fault but it's Korea itself that is still more "traditional" let's say it like that. A lot of people are anti gay, and women are also viewed differently. There are actually some psitives but there are definitely also a lot of negatives. I think there are a lot of expectations and pressures for both genders in Korea. All I know is what I've read though, so I don't wanna judge too much, I'll go there soon then I can tell you what I thought :P. As for the dramas I haven't felt like the woman was a servant from the ones I watched. In Secret Garden she's a badas stunt woman and he's a rich guy (I'd say like 70 % of the male leads are rich CEOs of big companies (mostly heirs of rich families, rarely self made, it's kind of annoying). In Good DOctor he's a autistic doctor who's a genius and he wants to be a surgeon which is complicated because of his condition, she's also a doctor.

• @Sekrett In Kill me Heal me he's a guy with multiple personality disorder (great acting ) who's fighting for his place at the big company that was stolen from him when he was a kid and she' a psychologist (that's a often used profession fo the female lead aswell). In Healer, it's more about journalism, abuse of power by the government etc. and there's a old murder case between friends that has shaped the lives of the people 20 years later. He' like a courier who delivers things and people that are not always legal for powerful people and she's a journalist who's badass in her own way. I think Korea is definitely more traditional and there are bad things like abortions for intance are often underground and unsafe (although the U. S. is not far from that in some states, it's already happening) and there's other things aswell but it wasnever bad in the dramas I thought. You can decided for yourself though :P.

• Only when the feeling is mutual. Lol. Otherwise its just awkward.

• Romance is a beautiful thing. I am, however, sick and tired of seeing an irrelevant romantic subplot in *every.* *other.* *movie.* *ever!* If the two main characters are of opposite sexes, it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll kiss at the end.

That's part of why I liked Bog Hero 6.

• False, I love romance very much, but there are plenty of people who don't like romance, and some people who think romance is gross, I have a friend like that, and before you ask he's gonna be 17 the 30th of this month, so yeah, it's cuz of how his mind works, so he can't exactly feel romantic love, and I dunno why he thinks it's gross, but he does

• False. Mongoloids have been shown to have a marked aversion to romance, though they are fond of group nose-picking!

• I honestly love romance and my wife and i enjoy doing little romantic thing for each other. <3

• Romance have the fatal flaw of being completely unrealistic typically. It's this lack of immersion and ability to connect with characters in such genres is why I can't see myself ever getting into it.

• Yes, well besides the sociopaths. My favourite is probably Han and Leia from Star Wars, it was cute, but they didn't ram it down your throat... Also the "I know" scene is fucking perfect

• i love romance.

• its fine.. too much can be boring

• I'm either way on it, take it or leave it

• False. I definitely like romance in some cases, but it's false that everyone does.

• yes, romance is fun.

• i dont like it

• i mean i like romance but i Prefer the more Classy Man on Man romance ya hear me boo?

• which manga are those scenes from?

• False.

I've dated a couple girls who didn't like 'cute' stuff at all.

TBH I think a -lot- of women are not very romantic.

• I voted no, because not everyone does like romance. I like romance, but I have known a lot of girls that don't. Some even freak out and assume the guy is cheating if he gets her flowers for no other reason than to show that he loves her. I never thought it would be so hard to find a romantic girl, but it is a lot harder than the media makes it out to be.

• I'm asexual and I'm aromantic too. Almost every song or story I come across has romance in it. I tend to be turned off and disinterested whenever there is too much romance. I don't even like to answer romantic or sexual questions on this site, which is 90% of the questions on here. So to answer your question, not everyone likes romance.

• Romance makes me puke. Likewise manga.

• Most people yes but not all.

• I used to like romance, but then gave up on it

• Whenever I tell my girlfriend how much I love her, or how much I'm attracted to her, she's like "thanks" or "ditto"

• I personally no longer do.

What Girls Said 12