Do you celebrate mothers day when you don't have one?

My mom passed away in October of 2013 and I remember we celebrated it the next year, but after that I don't think we've really celebrated it. It's just kind of a weird day now...

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on if you personally want to celebrate it. My friends mum died 10 years ago and every mother's day she puts a mother's day card and flowers on her grave. It provides comfort for my friend.

When it comes to the death of a loved one there's no right or wrong thing to do. It's an individuals personal choice.

No one should be judged for their behaviour after a person they love dies. Different things provide comfort to different people. Everyone has their own special way for remembering their loved one

Most Helpful Guy

• No. She's dead. Don't bother.

What Girls Said 10

• Well my boyfriend's mother died two years ago and we just decided he'd come and celebrate mother's day with me and my mom.

• November 22, 2012 my mother died I found her. Regardless of how horrible our relationship was I took care of her the last two years of her life.. Nope don't celebrate mothers day. ALSO my mom died on Thanksgiving day. Have not celebrated that holiday since either... I haven't even ate turkey since. (It was the last thing she ever cooked)
    Grieve how ever you want. It's never the same for any one. Do what's in your heart...

• Same for me, my mother passed August of 2014. She actually fell ill to the hospital on mothers day that year and never came out.
    I guess we do, but it's more like remembering her rather than celebrating. Very simple and mostly in thoughts. How you spend that day will change throughout your life.

• If you feel like you might need to, I'd say definitely do it. Honouring the dead is a beautiful thing.

• Maybe just celebrate her.

• I try to avoid thinking about it. It's annoying when I see stuff all over the shops.

• You celebrate the memory of you mother

• Just ignore it.

• do what makes you comfortable

• Seeing as I haven't celebrated fathers day since my dad passed on. I wouldn't do it myself.

What Guys Said 0