Are the famous sites of each city really that special?

I visited the forbidden city, CN tower, etc. They are soooo hyped.

Where have you been, and were you impressed

overhyped
The Great Wall of China was bomb though! But it was because of the scenery around the place not the actual wall.

Most Helpful Girl

• To this day, I'll never go to the CN Tower. Besides the fact that I'm afraid of heights, it's pointless for me to stand outside and look up, then spend money to go up to look down. I don't see the logic.

The islands are pretty awesome if you have the whole day to explore (bring a bike)

• 1000 islands? Another great place to check out.

• Ah, the island airport that's what I call it lol. 1000 islands is way nicer place truth, been there loved it.

• @ImDeadpoolBaby Haha. I just called it billy bishop airport.
      Usually Hanlans point is where everything is at. At least all the naked old men are.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been to:

Roman Coliseum in Rome, Italy
    The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
    St Marks Square in Venice, Italy
    Leaning Tower of Pisa in Pisa, Italy
    Alhambra in Grenada, Spain
    Every major tourist attraction in NYC (my hometown)

I agree that most of the places I listed above were over hyped and I wasn't that impressed with it.

• I forgot the Space Needle in Seattle too. It's not as tall as I thought it would be.

What Girls Said 5

• I visited Rameses' tombstone. Is that special? :P

• i would say so. i was impressed every time.

• Some are, some aren't. I've noticed crowds of people kinda detract from the experience and overhyping is never a good thing either. I was sooo excited to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios but when we went, there were sooooooo many people and it was quite hot... I'm afraid it took away from the magic because otherwise the place was very well done

• Most tourist and big city cites are overhyped. How else are they going to attract tourist. They need money

• nah i've been to the pyramids of giza and man was it dull, they're just rocks. get over it. the highlight of the trip was the horse ride there.

What Guys Said 5

• I am not so impressed with the man made marvels to be honest. I much prefer the natural wonders.

• They were.

• Been to CN Tower, Acropolis of Athens, Disney, Atlantic City

Wan't to visit Tokyo (shrines mostly) and some national parks here in Canada (Alberta/BC)

• I have only seen one awe-inspiring structure in all my travels but I agree that most of them are overhyped. Especially towers. Towers are just... towers.

• I think walking around the old part of a city, seeing the feel of the streets, eating a meal from that culture, i sort of remember those things more then the main tourist thing, though some of those are 'worth seeing' they're not the highlight.