How do you deal with a coworkers body odor?

I so want to drop a bar of soap or a container of deodorant on her desk unanimously with a sign "use me" and hope she gets the hint. How do you or would you deal with coworker body odor?

Most Helpful Guy

• Send a polite anonymous note/card.

Dear co-worker,
    While you are a valuable member of our team, one area that has become distracting is your body odor that is seemingly unpleasant. Could you please try additional deodorant soap and or deodorant to cut down on the problem?

I am sending this anonymously so as to not create an awkward situation with us at work.

Thank you!

If it's too obvious who you are then just have a frank conversation. If I was stinking up the joint I'd want to know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am shocked, @hotpinkcamo that the Boss was Not at Loss... With words over the coworker's body odor.
    Many Boss' if they are Any Sort of Straw Boss, will pull a Coworker aside, and with Nothing to Hide, Confide... Telling them that they are offensive and need to do something about it before it goes spreading around the Water cooler.
    However, on the other Hand, Empty and such, Meaning No 'The Hint,' Other bosses will keep Silent and Stay golden and just clam up and say Nothing.
    Grin and bear it, and of course you could go to your own Boss's office and see what he or she May Say Today.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 5

• i stay away from them

• Mention the issue to your supervisor

• Best thing to do if it's that big of an issue (interfering with your work) is tell a supervisor and have them deal with them.

• Oh god. I dealt with some and I just avoided him. I I had to work with him, I would either tell management, or pull him to the side and tell him myself. Onion smell isn't the best smell in the world.

• Tell your boss and let them handle it.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh man. I have a coworker like that. But I can say much because we literally work side by side every single day. It could be because she's constantly running around with children but it's becoming too much. She's quite new and I don't really wanna say anything because we will be working together for a number of years.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. i'm kind of riding the same boat. I was thinking about asking her to do to a bath & body store with me to buy stuff. Then hopefully try them out and review or results.

• Buy her a gift from bath and body Works

• I don't have to worry about it because I work on my own.