Weird question but, can a graduation cap set off the air port security metal detector?

So I am flying in for graduation, I feel like it would be easier to keep my cap and gown in my carry on, if something bad were to happen to my actual luggage.
Is there metal in a graduation cap? Can my tassel set it off?
Sorry if this is stupid hahah

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the manufacturer. Even if it sets off a metal detector it doesn't matter anyway. You aren't banned from bringing metal on a plane.

• if you're that worried, why don't you just put it in your suitcase?

• I need it in case something happens to my luggage

• i'm fairly sure security won't give a shit if it goes off. show it and they'll let you through

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe lol but even if it sets it off and they decide to search you then they're just going to see a graduation cap.. it's no big deal. Plus security detectors don't just go off at any sign of metal, I wear my rings and watch all the time. I'm pretty sure the metal will show up on the screen of the thing they look at, and they might take a more careful look at it, but it's really nothing to worry about at all.