Should governments control population by placing legal limits on child bearing?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering that their is no current issue with population and in some cases places have a negative population growth I would say no that would be a bad idea. Plus the social impact of such an attempt could be severly damaging as it has been in china who has a sizable male population that will never get married and have a family (let alone even have sex) which is causing extreme emotional trauma to the population and when this generation gets old their will not be enough of the younger population to support them and it will most likely result in sever economic collapse as well as the social/emotional issues that have are and will occure.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think so, pregnancy happens. And not everyone wants to abort.

• I don't think governments should place limits on child bearing for population purposes. look I will probably get crap for this but I think all people should be reversibly sterilized at birth and to become parents they should have to pass a child raising course this way children don't suffer from neglect and will be loved.
    Sorry if this offended anyone

• No. This is not China.

• no just no.

• Yes :) very much so. We expect everything for free in this world😒

• Not here in America

• Don't they already do that in China

• FUCK no

• Nope

• No. I don't think they should decide how many children one should have

• No; they should provide free birth control and the option of abortion, include compulsory sex education in the national curriculum, and implement policies to reduce inequality (so that poorer people aren't for example having more children in hopes of having a son, or more children so there are more people to work to support the family)

What Guys Said 8

• The world is already over populated. At what point in time do we start to realize the Earth cannot handle anymore human population? Everyone that thinks that having babies is wonderful and everyone's right needs to realize that the earth's population will just keep going up and up and up! 10 Billion, 12 Billion 15 Billion and so on. How much is too much?

• Why would they do that? That would destroy the economy. People already aren't having enough children in most educated countries that have access to birth control. Once we get the male birth control approved it is likely to drop off even more.

• No, I don't agree with telling anyone how many children they can or can not have.

• They should limit the number of tax breaks, and at some point you should have to pay additional tax after a certain number. If you are on public assistance, after you have a certain number of children they should start reducing instead of increasing them.

• There shouldn't be any governments at all. Big government just rips off the people and terorises them if they step out of line. When are we gonna progress

• nooooooooooooooooo! we'll never win the war against dolphins that way!

• In the third world, yes. But not in the West.

• It is not economically feasible to do and therefore should not be attempted. To control population is simply a matter of not allowing population growth through government spending, I. E. China in which families were simply taxed for extra children and given personal incentive to avoid child bearing.