Would you wear this spike vest to protect your personal space in the subway?

Everybody who lives in a big city knows that the subways becomes hell during rush hour and your personal space always gets invaded.

A designer has stepped up and came up with a solution. The spike vest.

Personally I would never wear it because you can only poke out so many eyes until you get sued. And it also looks ugly. What are your thoughts? Would you wear something like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's pretty disrespectful and selfish, everyone just needs to get around what makes you so special you can injure people around you to have more space?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, certainly not. Such a vest is very egoistic. Other people don't have it any better, everyone has to get up close in a subway. If everyone wore these vests, public transport in big cities wouldn't function anymore. There's simply no capacity for every passenger to have his own gold throne. If this temporary invasion of their personal space is really such a big deal to some people, they should just live out in the countryside where they have tons of space for themselves. You can't have it all.

What Girls Said 13

• I wouldn't. I've never been on a subway before but I've been on a metro a few times, though it wasn't very crowded. Regardless, if I was I wouldn't care as long as people didn't try coping a feel or something.

• As soon as I read this, my mind thought of someone in full armor... heehee

YES, I WOULD!!! I would impale my enemies.

• helll YEAH HAHAHAH! OHHH! HAHHA!

• They couldn't make it look nicer? I wouldn't wear it for that reason alone.

• No, it's so fugly!!

• Honestly I would so nobody would bump into me. :D

• No, I would never wear something like that. I would look ridiculous and people would stare at me.

• Wearing one of those vests is idiotic and is a reflection of your own psychopathology

• Me = No = Don't do public transport EVER!!!

• Why not?

• Waaaaaaaaaay too many bad experiences as a student + I own a car + prefer retaining my privacy & my own personal space in a cab when travelling o/s.

• Haha! Yeah, totally.

• Nope.

• No that's RE DONG Q LUST

• Yes definitely. I can't stand people in my personal space.

What Guys Said 6

• Put it this way, if they have to take the tube to work they're no better than anyone else on there, so wearing that is just obnoxious and would probably get them "accidentally" shoved off the platform onto the track.

If they want personal space they can drive and deal with everything that entails in London.

• That's kind of how I feel - here people are pretty careful not to touch others despite being crammed into a small space. Those who can't stand it should take a cab or bike or similar.

• Lol, that shit looks ugly. Want free space? Just disguise yourself as a disabled passenger so people will give up a seat for you. ;)

• Lol that could work. One time I overheard a guy saying "when I start coughing they start running". So thats another option haha.

• It's such an asshole move.

• Looks like wardrobe from a Mad Max movie.

• maybe thats where the inspiration came from lol who knows

• Smart guy.

• Now picture everyone wearing that. People would be constantly poked from all sides.