How can I stop myself from thinking so much?

I'm always thinking ahead and get these crazy expectations for the future. Then, when they don't turn out how I want them or "imagine" them, I get so stressed out! How can I stop myself from thinking so much and just take it day by day?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep yourself busy and occupied on what you need to do now. It's great to have goals, but think about what is realistic as well.

• I'm a stay at home mom, so being isolated by myself causes me to think too much. So even when I'm done with chores, errands, etc I still think about so many things!! Way too much :(

• There you go! Get out to the library! Haha. You're welcome. :)

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 1

• its ok, you'll learn to not rely on imagining things for you future when you get more situations like when they dont turn out like you do.

What Girls Said 4

• my problems too, i think this happens when either you doubt yourself for the moment or coz of uncertainty of an incoming new experience that'll bring drastic changes to your life. You can't really shut down your brain. i wish we could. even in my sleep, oh gosh, my big prob every night.

I don't know your situation but i realized the best way is to accept the reality and be objective to have a practical solution. You can't control everything that'll happen so it's pointless to worry (ofc this depends) and your situation can't be the same with others. We try to follow what is expected of us that we forget to live in present.

• Ugh yes! I always lose sleep because my mind just keeps on going!! I hate it :(

• stay out of ur head by doing things

• I have medication!

• Keep yourself busy