Saving tips... Anyone?

My husbands youngest son just turned 2 so we now have an extra $550 a fortnight. we really want to save for our own place.
What are small saving tips that i may be able to use to contribute more to this amount as it will take us quiet a while to save the deposit.
Thanks

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• -Set a mandatory amount that you will put into a separate amount.
    -Look into very safe investments, such as CDs
    -Stop eating out so much
    -Budget everything. You can only spend a certain amount on these things per week. For example, a $20/week eating out limit.
    -Switch from a debit card to cash basis. It's a lot harder to spend $50 when you have to actually hand them the money, plus this means you can only spend as much money as you have on you.
    Write down everything you spend money on and tally it. You'd be surprised how much you spend on certain things, and this is a great way to see what you can cut out.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say when it comes to grocery shopping if you have any farmers markets or whole sale markets definitely worth the money because you get more. When it comes to eating out keep it low. when you get your paycheques try to put 30-40% away if you CAN, obviously pay for your bills where you have to.

2|0
    0|0
    • It helps to create a spread sheet (excel) to see where your money goes monthly, take a look at your last months account, and sort your tables into "meals and entertainment, rent bill, car bill, credit card bill etc"

What Guys Said 4

• -don't eat out as much... if you go out try not to buy alcoholic beverages or go to places that are byob (since the markup on restaurant booze is usually about 300%)
    -carpool or telecommute
    -put a certain amount of money aside each pay check

0|0
    0|0
  • Live below your means, for example if you can afford to have dinner at restaurants why not just stay at home and cook your meals. Cut costs as much as possible. Spend to make yourself richer not to make the richer rich.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't spend any money

0|0
    0|0
  • dont spend money whenever you want to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's important to be practical and spend your money wisely. But I am not really good in the last one. Read online articles that may help you to set up a budget and goals.

0|0
    0|0