When was the lowest point of your life?

How did you manage to get back up?

Most Helpful Girl

• My lowest point was when I closed myself from life. I cried in my room for months because I thought I was in love with someone I didn't know. I wanted to die and I tried to hurt myself. And I cried and begged the world to kill me. The lowest point was when this one day with my mom and I was in the mental hospital and al i could do is cry and cry. When I look back at what I went through I am relieve that I am no longer that way. And yesterday was the first time I felt like an independent women. Trying to get a job! And I am so proud. I am no longer paranoid or think I am less than other pretty girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• its right now. lost a good job to down sizing, got a new job making 1/2 of what i was. got hurt on the job. had to have left hip repaired. still had pain in right hip was rejected work comp on that hip, payed for that surgery mostly out of pocket, now i have constant pain. i can no longer do what i have done for a job for over 20 years. i have been rejected for disabilty do to i have always had a skilled trade. but no one will hire me do to being over qualified for the positions i'm applying for. so it has been almost a year and 1/2 sine i had a job and only living on what my wife makes.

• thats horrible! What was your job?

• @apple24 thank you for the kind words. your always a sweet heart to me and i thank you for it

• No It must be terrible! ): I mean it seriously! I would be upset.

What Girls Said 14

• When I was 18 I think, it was truly depressing and I had to hide it, yes some of it was caused by love and break ups but it was my first love and I wasn't that close with my friends any longer, I chose one day to not feel sorry for myself to do things for me and put myself as a priority and with that everything else started to shift too.

• My lowest point was when I attempted suicide as a teenager after two of my friends had died in a car crash which was partly my fault and after having gone through months of being heavily bullied and starving myself as a consequence of that. I got back up with therapy, which was kinda forced after I was admitted to hospital because of the suicide attempt, but the guilt never really left, although everybody keeps telling me that it wasn't really my fault. But I learned to live with it.

• It's an accident as long as you didn't mean to kill them. I mean I'm just letting you identify whether it's really your fault or not.

• Then I hope you are okay already.

• It's been 5 years so yeah I've learned to cope with it

• The point when I was feeling worthless as an individual because solitude from the world kept pestering my thoughts as well as my outlook in life.

• hmmm many to choose from childhood with my grandma but I'm going with 4 years ago I got away from a boyfriend who almost killed me, what helped me was my 2 year old who wasn't there but I had to be strong and leave for him because he needed me, thanks to my dad and sister for helping me emergency leave with my stuff while the ex was in jail. now I'm engaged getting married next year I have a healthy 6 year old and the best family and friends and the man that I've always dreamed about.

• Beginning of this year I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and gastritis. It's been fucking hell recovering from some of the symptoms like ulcers but I did it. I'm currently relapsing though but I know I can get through it again, I did it once before after all!

• Probably between 2 years and 6 months ago. I was beyond broke, fat, dressed like a homeless person, and in a relationship with a possessive controlling kid.
    Realised what was the problem, got myself a job and broke up with ex. Now slowly building my life in order.

• early 20s. so much drama, really just wanted to die. but i was too much of a chicken so... here i am now lol.

• When I was suicidal for years.

How did I manage to get up?

Took me years of self hate and love to discover myself. a lot of tears and pain I went through those years. But, I look back and it was something I had to go through :)

• teen years & i got back up by growing the f up

• 61 days ago, when my dad passed away. I have not managed to get back up until now, still very depressed about it.

• I'm going through it at the moment.

• Before last year, my lowest would of been when my first boyfriend left me. I was fat and sad, and I just wanted somebody to love me back. So I serial dated for some time, cheated on them, and even got so desparate to get him back that I cast a spell.

I got back up by losing weight and gaining confidence by looking and and feeling better...
    But that was four years ago.

Now, my lowest low was last year, when I became pregnant but was too ashamed to tell my great grandmother and grandfather, and well, everyone else in my family. I feel so guilty, even to this day, because they both said that they felt like they had nothing to live for. Maybe if they knew what was coming, maybe they would of held on... At the same time, my boyfriend wanted me to give my child up, and at one point I thought about commiting suicide, because I felt stuck. I didn't want to have an abortion, but I didn't want to plague my family with debt or make things harder, since my elders were dying at the same time. The exact point that I decided that it was time to woman up, though, was when I saw an article about infanticide. I was so disgusted and I realized that I needed to tell the truth. So the day after that, I told my parents and got the help that I needed.

But I am still improving on myself. I try to be a good mom, but I still blame myself sometimes. I wish every single day that I was less emotional, and that I just didn't go into panic mode, cause maybe they would of been happier at least, before they died. And who knows, maybe my son's father would of stuck around (because my depression fucked that up, too.)

• The lowest point of my life is when I had to let go of my ex because completely losing a person you love is like grieving because of death. I got back up through prayer, trusting God, positive motivation and putting up a good fight with depression. It's like having a fight with a person that's way too strong for you but you still manage to get a good punch to finally knock em out after them beating you up so bad.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8

• Waking up in a hospital after surgery.
    I got back up by being stubborn and working hard.

• I had ever given up by everyone. There was no hope on me.
    I just dont know why everyone is afraid of me like shit on my body.
    So I know there is different world from the view of people who are at bottom.
    I got the asseye.
    So it still hard to describe the world.
    However sometimes you need drug to help you jumping out.
    A goddess give me warm instead of milk.
    Said something the same world with different meaning.
    So maybe because her... however we can talk with the same soul
    maybe she just became a women like mother from girl.

• when my dad kicked me out for being gay i got back up when i chatted with a cute boy on kik and got me to go to collage though i dont talk to him anymore for personal reasons

• That one time I wanked to a picture of a horse's butt.

• There has been a few. The most notable is the day I realised I can't trust anyone.

• Okay so, I had mowed lawns and did chores and saved up for like two weeks without buying any candy (which was hard af bro) and finally, I got it. This green and silver top-of-the-line yoyo, it was amazing! I could do SO many tricks on it; around the world, walked the dog, the zig zag, I was really good! I had been playing with it that day, I remember, it was a particularly bright day

*state farm jingle*
    *disappears*

• when i tried suicide. but i didn't died. and about managing to get back up part is, all i'll say is "you dont know how strong you are until becoming the strong is the only choice."

• You are lucky you didn't die.

• to be honest im very unlucky that i didn't died because life is much scray and sad than suicide.

• Homelessness.