What is your thought about this quote?

If we only wanted to be happy it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, which is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are.

— Montesquieq

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree, I just want to be happy, not happier than other people

What Girls Said 10

• That's because many people compare themselves with others. Sometimes we think that what we have is not enough and we want to have things that others have. But when we get it we guess that those things don't bring us happiness.

• It might be generally true but it isn't personally true for me. Happiness would be achievable if i didn't want a meaningful life too

• make's sense

• LOL i had to read this twice, thats an interesting one haha just be happy regardless focus on th positives and life is what you make of it so smile and enjoy life to th fullest hha

• BS hallmark card.

• 0|0
  • I think it describes how human nature works

• I dont think we should worry about being happy. Just let it be. If you stress over being happy or more happy than others you'll never actually be happy

• I agree with it 100%.

• Great quote true

What Guys Said 4

• I like the quote but would disagree. I think the issue is with the obsession with happiness in and of itself is the issue. The idea that if we are not continuosly happy then something is wrong with us with our lives and we need to fix it. All emotions have their place but just like with anger sorrow and fear, happiness over done creates an unhealthy balance in a person which in turn creates less happiness.

• it might make some sense if happiness is directly related to success, because I mean when you're already happy, you're just happy, you don't have to try and be more happy than others because you're ALREADY happy.

but when you try to measure happiness, it's usually in terms of success and accomplishments, and that's when it's not even about being happy anymore.

• Every body has troubles. Don't want someone else happy, you get the sad with it

• sounds true to me